Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who also post on Reddit (or elsewhere)
I have a plugin to upload the current image as a PNG to imgur, copy the resulting link to the clipboard, and open a page in your browser with it for feedback (this last action can be commented out)

Set up is a bit contrived (you have to obtain an Imgur client id, install a python library, and the script is Linux only) so I won't document it if there are no takers.

So, anyone interested?
Sounds like a wonderful idea, Ofnuts. But I would be a non-taker over the requirement of becoming an official member of Imgur.

Even if I had a mobile phone, I wouldn't want to give them (or anyone) that info as part of an "authentication" process.

They are definitely the less obtrusive site I'm a member of. I don't remember even seeing an email from them.
(11-12-2022, 09:20 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: They are definitely the less obtrusive site I'm a member of. I don't remember even seeing an email from them.

Maybe I'm just a dinosaur?   Big Grin  But I'm a big believer in the corollary that we are captives to the technology we embrace. I don't mind having to give up a 'burner' g-mail address to register somewhere, but when they insist upon a mobile identity, that IMO is a step too far.

I've actually got horror stories about being "found" when being so displeased me.  So I know they make use of the data in ways that are not always in our individual best interest...so I'm stubborn now... Wink