Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FxCopyrightEgger malfunction
@GIMPOULOS: in Edit>Preferences>Folders>Scripts what folders have you got? Have you checked that they really exist? It could be that your profile is using a folder location from a previous version...
Very similar problem here and the cause was that the standard script directory was missing...
Thank you Ofnuts.I checked and recheched an downloaded again 2.6 and the latest and when it came preinstalled I get the same 2 errors....!!!! Is it Windows preventing its proper functioning ?

Trying to understand your #11 and #12..........I'n not versed in that script thing

As I see the Gimp directs automatically where it should download that script...?!?!
(04-06-2018, 11:55 PM)GIMPOULOS Wrote: Thank you Ofnuts.I checked and recheched an downloaded again 2.6 and the latest and when it came preinstalled I get the same 2 errors....!!!! Is it Windows preventing its proper functioning  ?

Trying to understand your #11 and #12..........I'n not versed in that script thing

As I see the Gimp directs automatically where it should download that script...?!?!

It all means that there is a possibility of two scripts with the same name, in different locations, and they confilict with each other resulting in an error message.

Ofnuts was asking you to look in Gimp Edit -> Preferences -Folders -> Scripts to check on the paths Gimp uses when looking for scripts.

[Image: I4Mb7Bw.jpg]

It might be that you can find duplicate copies yourself.

This one, a 2.4 version in C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\scripts

[Image: ZqWtQzM.jpg]

and this one a gimp 2.6 version in the  Gimp profile C:\Users\"yourname"\.gimp-2.8\scripts

[Image: HGohqt5.jpg]

In an earlier post Kevin mentioned his duplicate script checker. Looks like this

[Image: 3dqlNL3.jpg]

Since the gimp-scripts site is no longer working, that scm is attached. In the same zip the updated for Gimp 2.8 copyright script referenced earlier. My advice get rid of any old copies, use that version

Attached Files
.zip   two_scripts.zip (Size: 8.58 KB / Downloads: 213)
(04-05-2018, 07:31 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Same script - ; Copyright script(v1.0a) for GIMP 2.4 size 6533 B

Tried in a Win7 (VM) with Gimp 2.8.22 and Gimp 2.10RC1 (partha)

In each case the script works and as well as default values, works with various values and different fonts, (incl wingdings as a test).

Going to be something peculiar to your installation. You could give more details, language settings, the font you use...etc but looks like difficult to diagnose at a distance.

Edit: the only instance of cadr in the script, is line 56 (text-height (cadr text-size)), so probably something before that relating to text.

Still can not generate an error even with some strange fonts, but it would be a starting point.

edit again: Can you try this one: http://www.gimphelp.org/photo_copyright_text.html
It is the same script but updated for Gimp 2.8 FU_photo_copyright.scm size 7,178 B
Thank you Rich .I tried this one ,dowloaded and opened with GImp ...and reads "unknown file type !!! " :-)))))) ????

(04-07-2018, 08:39 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
(04-06-2018, 11:55 PM)GIMPOULOS Wrote: Thank you Ofnuts.I checked and recheched an downloaded again 2.6 and the latest and when it came preinstalled I get the same 2 errors....!!!! Is it Windows preventing its proper functioning  ?

It all means that there is a possibility of two scripts with the same name, in different locations, and they confilict with each other resulting in an error message.

Ofnuts was asking you to look in Gimp Edit -> Preferences -Folders -> Scripts to check on the paths Gimp uses when looking for scripts.

and this one a gimp 2.6 version in the  Gimp profile C:\Users\"yourname"\.gimp-2.8\scripts

In an earlier post Kevin mentioned his duplicate script checker. Looks like this

Since the gimp-scripts site is no longer working, that scm is attached. In the same zip the updated for Gimp 2.8 copyright script referenced earlier. My advice get rid of any old copies, use that version

(04-11-2018, 09:17 PM)GIMPOULOS  Thank you guys ...Here\s a screen shot attached of what I got in "preferences ": Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 07:31 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Same script - ; Copyright script(v1.0a) for GIMP 2.4 size 6533 B

Tried in a Win7 (VM) with Gimp 2.8.22 and Gimp 2.10RC1 (partha)

In each case the script works and as well as default values, works with various values and different fonts, (incl wingdings as a test).

Going to be something peculiar to your installation. You could give more details, language settings, the font you use...etc but looks like difficult to diagnose at a distance.

Edit: the only instance of cadr in the script, is line 56 (text-height (cadr text-size)), so probably something before that relating to text.

Still can not generate an error even with some strange fonts, but it would be a starting point.

edit again: Can you try this one: http://www.gimphelp.org/photo_copyright_text.html
It is the same script but updated for Gimp 2.8 FU_photo_copyright.scm size 7,178 B
Thank you Rich .I tried this one ,dowloaded and opened with GImp ...and reads "unknown file type !!! " :-)))))) ????

(04-07-2018, 08:39 AM)rich2005 Wrote:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@ GIMPOULOS

No need to quote over and over again. It becomes very confusing. Just use the 'quick reply' which is under the last post.

Your screen shot shows the customary folder locations are missing. Should look like this.

[Image: 6nlPsTa.jpg]

Has it always that way?

My advice. Rename your Gimp profile C:\Users\your-name\.gimp-2.8 to disable it

Run Gimp to create a new default profile.

Start adding scripts something.scm one at a time - just the ones you need.

Put them in the folder C:\Users\"yourname"\.gimp-2.8\scripts

Same applies to any plugins you use. Put them in C:\Users\"yourname"\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins
Gimp 2.10 copyright tool works fine !!! :-)))