Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G'MIC Mandelbrot Filter Error (Re-Edited)
Hi Everyone,

I recently posted a problem with G'MIC and kept it brief, but haven't found a way to resolve the filter error. Below is more
detailed description.

While using the G’MIC Mandelbrot / Julia filter, my wireless mouse seemed to randomly change the filter settings, I simply turned it off and on again which fixed that problem, but when clicking OK I now receive this message:

“Error in ./fx_mandelbrot/ *** Command ‘input’: File ‘0’, format does not take any input options (options ‘0’ specified).”

The mouse definitely created the fault, could someone please help.

Thanks
From your last post , you have the latest gmic and you used the gmic update button. I assume you got a success message from that.

but did you delete the gmic profile ?

2) Once updated make sure any out-of-date files are removed. Delete the folder C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\gmic A new default one is made when you next run gmic.

It is a bit like Gimp, any screwed up settings are held in the profile.

David might see your post, trouble is a new post quickly disappears. Better to tack on to the end of the thread I indicated. Too late now Wink

On the other hand since it is mouse related, it might be a Gimp problem. The mouse settings are saved it the file:

C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\devicerc You could back that up (....devicerc-bak) Gimp will make a new default devicerc when next started.
I'm using the latest version of G'MIC 3.1.6. I've already tried pressing the filter update button, which hasn't resolved the issue.

Just so I'm clear, you want me to delete the gimc file that comes after "roaming" and then devicerc file that comes after "2.10", as I don't want to make things worse
by removing important folders.
(11-16-2022, 07:39 PM)pypedreams Wrote: Just so I'm clear, you want me to delete the gimc file that comes after "roaming" and then devicerc file that comes after "2.10", as I don't want to make things worse

You can not harm anything by deleting the gmic folder. It only holds settings that are probably the cause of your woes. If you want just rename it to disable. The gmic plugin makes a new default when run.

The same applies to the devicerc file. Unlikely to be the problem but you never know... I often delete mine to get rid of graphic tablet settings. Gimp makes a new file with just basic mouse settings.
(11-16-2022, 07:47 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
(11-16-2022, 07:39 PM)pypedreams Wrote: Just so I'm clear, you want me to delete the gimc file that comes after "roaming" and then devicerc file that comes after "2.10", as I don't want to make things worse

You can not harm anything by deleting the gmic folder. It only holds settings that are probably the cause of your woes.  If you want just rename it to disable. The gmic plugin makes a new default when run.

The same applies to the devicerc file. Unlikely to be the problem but you never know... I often delete mine to get rid of graphic tablet settings. Gimp makes a new file with just basic mouse settings.

Thanks for the helpful advice, as the G'MIC filter now seems to be working fine.