Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G'Mic-Qt shaperelevant ?
I can not find shaperelevant in the G'Mic-Qt gimp plugin. Any suggestion?  

Well, that took a surprising long time to end up with a "so simple" result.

For the command line gmic, the command you posted works, except it looks like nothing happens. The blend image needs to be quite extreme to show a result. 

When it comes to Gimp, using the latest gimp_gmic_qt 3.2.6 there is no listed filter that I can see, some with shapeprevalent in their name but not the same as the command.

Try using the command directly: Various -> Custom Code where it is a single line Wink
blend  shapeprevalent  (make sure you get the spelling correct)

Rich, thanks for the reply. My first try give an error, but I'll give it another try this evening.
(06-26-2023, 03:55 PM)denzjos Wrote: I can not find shaperelevant in the G'Mic-Qt gimp plugin. Any suggestion?  

On the 15 anniversary page of G'MIC, it is not a filter

G'MIC Wrote:and a new layer blending mode for the blend command: shapeprevalent

Thus you have to use it with the command line as rich2005 explained, or create a filter Wink
(06-27-2023, 08:57 AM)PixLab Wrote:
(06-26-2023, 03:55 PM)denzjos Wrote: I can not find shaperelevant in the G'Mic-Qt gimp plugin. Any suggestion?  

On the 15 anniversary page of G'MIC, it is not a filter

G\MIC Wrote:and a new layer blending mode for the blend command: shapeprevalent

Thus you have to use it with the command line as rich2005 explained, or create a filter  Wink
I tried it as Rich mentioned (by the way, a nice explanation from Rich) Did you try it? Did you have any result? Example(s)?
@denzjos

Not much in the gmic_reference.pdf, just a mention on page 86 Wink

It is picky about the reference image, too fine a pattern and it looks like nothing is happening. That had me fooled for some time. Too large a pattern and the source image is wiped out.

Another example: 40 seconds worth https://i.imgur.com/rhATina.mp4
Rich, thanks for the effort, but I still get an error (even with the G'Mic-Qt example) :

spelling spelling spelling .... Wink

Blush Blush , dyslexia, weird, but it sometimes happens to me. By the way, after correcting the code :

Rich, I don't think there is more effort needed to solve this problem. The result (your example) is not as spectacular as seen in the G'Mic-Qt example. I was expecting something else. 
So, thank you for the effort.
I think you should update your version of the gimp_gmic_qt plugin.

Your version 3.1.5 is now quite old.