Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GEGL problem - two versions?
When I run one of my plug-ins which uses GEGL from the terminal I get the following error messages and many more:

/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py:865: Warning: Two different plugins tried to register 'GeglOpjpg-save_c'.
  gimp.main(None, None, _query, _run)
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py:865: Warning: Two different plugins tried to register 'GeglOppixbuf_c'.
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py:865: Warning: Two different plugins tried to register 'GeglOptiff-save_c'.
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py:865: Warning: Two different plugins tried to register 'GeglOpexr-load_cpp'.
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py:865: Warning: Two different plugins tried to register 'GeglOpcache_c'.
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py:865: Warning: Two different plugins tried to register 'GeglOpcast-format_c'.

I am assuming that when I updated to GIMP 2.10.32 from the PandaJim repository it has loaded a new version of GEGL.

How do I solve this problem?

I am using Ubuntu 20.04
Quote:When I run one of my plug-ins which uses GEGL from the terminal....snip....

Can you expand on that ? Running a plugin from terminal ? Is this a Gimp batch command ? Is it say the samj gegl command line plugin ? 

Quote:I am assuming that when I updated to GIMP 2.10.32 from the PandaJim repository it has loaded a new version of GEGL.

Always dangerous to assume anything with Gimp Wink 
Yes and No. Dive into synaptic and check what you have. This is my kubuntu 20.04

Gimp has libgegl as a dependency (1) and libgegl (2) should both come from the PandaJim PPA. Upgrading Gimp from the PPA will pull in the new libgegl. 

GEGL alone is not a dependency of Gimp and as far as I know Gimp works without GEGL (usr/bin/gegl is the gegl used in command line, nothing to do with GIMP and libgegl) 

However, if GEGL is installed (3) it should also update from the PPA "4.36-0focal2", it also has libgegl as a dependency but not really bothered as to version, just greater than 0.3.8 (4)

Quote:How do I solve this problem?

Do not know, never seen that before.
Rich,

Thanks for the reply.

From Synaptic:

GEGL is not installed.

The entries appear to be the same as yours.

I tried disabling all plug-ins except one (removed the execution flag). If I use, for instance, one of the resynthesize functions - such as heal select I get the error in the terminal and it shows that it has used GEGL copy. The same when I tried Krikor colour cast reduction or one of my own plug-ins.

Any suggestions as to where to look next? Could this be the one occasion when it is worth deleting and re-installing GIMP whilst retaining the profile?
OK, I see what you are doing, running Gimp from a terminal, and worrying about those error messages. If it is any consolation I can generate those as well using resynthesize / heal selection.

Unless the plugin used does not work or crashes Gimp, my advice, ignore them.
Many thanks Rich, I shall take your advice and ignore them!
Not a good situation but where to report those errors.

Just pulled out my old laptop, kubuntu 18.04 / Gimp 2.10.30 from the Rob Savoury PPA and resynth / heal selection does not give those errors.

Is it some changes in the latest GEGL code or is it just the Panda Jim version ? I recall looking at the Panda Jim PPA when the new Gimp 2.10.32 was compiling and there were failures before a successful result. Obviously the minimum GEGL version not an easy task.