Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP 2.10.4 - 2 out of 5 stars
Sad 
I've been using GIMP for several years now, and have always liked the functionality of the program for the most part.

I mean it is a free program afterall.

This last update however, I'm a bit annoyed with.  The overall layout and interface is nice, and looks great.

However, I'm very disappointed with the amount of times it crashes.

For instance, this afternoon I'm working on a flyer for a customer, and I need to pull some images from the previous years flyer, and it will not open 2 .xcf files.

It crashes every time!  In prior versions you could have several .xcf files open, and have no issues.

Has anyone else have, or had, this issue?  How did you get it corrected?

I've also noticed this same error when attempting to use some of the filters as well.
Is that in Gimp 2.10 File -> Open? Can't be, must be in Windows explorer. Have you tried File -> Open

I tend to use linux but even in Windows usually no problems opening Gimp 2.8 files in Gimp 2.10

The other way around is not always true however. Never seen that error. could a broken Gimp 2.10 or more probably a broken .xcf file.

Can you create /save/open .xcf new images in Gimp 2.10?

Not immediately obvious where that file is.

Does the other .xcf open?

[Image: TyLo3sj.jpg]

I know these might not be available to the public but can you post one of the files, it might just be corrupted.
(07-22-2018, 05:22 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Is that in Gimp 2.10 File -> Open? Can't be, must be in Windows explorer. Have you tried File -> Open

I tend to use linux but even in Windows usually no problems opening Gimp 2.8 files in Gimp 2.10

The other way around is not always true however. Never seen that error. could a broken Gimp 2.10 or more probably a broken .xcf file.

Can you create /save/open .xcf new images in Gimp 2.10?

Not immediately obvious where that file is.

Does the other .xcf open?

[Image: TyLo3sj.jpg]

I know these might not be available to the public but can you post one of the files, it might just be corrupted.

@rich2005 after doing some more testing, I think you're spot on with the corrupt file. I can open other 2.8 .xcf files no issue. It just seems to be this one file. I feel foolish for not trying other files prior to my rant. LOL Thank you for taking the time to reply though. If I come across any other issues I'll advise. I'm still having issues with with my filters however crashing the program. I'm going to test a few more things and see what may be causing that issue. I can usually use my Script-FU filters, but even they crash the program some times.