Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP Won't Launch
(11-12-2021, 04:47 AM)Piz Wrote:
(09-24-2021, 03:37 PM)Piz Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 01:42 AM)Piz Wrote: Aaaaaaand... Today it's working. Only thing that could have made a difference is that I rebooted between the above and now. I'll keep digging.

I installed v2.10.28 last night and the problem appeared to go away for 4 or 5 launches, but then it returned. I'm still trying to isolate which registry entries to delete to fix it (see my previous comment about the registry).

I never found anything in the registry and the problem seems to be gone. It's been a week now without seeing it.

Did the problem reappeared? I am about to buy a Zenbook Pro Flip but if Gimp does not work properly, I will not buy it! Thanks!
(01-15-2023, 10:12 PM)Jas-2023 Wrote: Did the problem reappeared? I am about to buy a Zenbook Pro Flip but if Gimp does not work properly, I will not buy it! Thanks!

I sincerely doubt that the problem is with the hardware...
This may not be the source of the problem in the OP's case, as his comes & goes, but I have seen many so many posts relating to gimp not launching in Windows 10 & 11 that I have to report what solved the problem in my case.

It turned out that my Windows Regional Decimal Separator had inexplicably been changed from dot to apostrophe.
Changing it back to the dot caused gimp to launch normally.  I had spent hours uninstalling & clean-reinstalling numerous versions, but this simple setting change fixed it immediately!