Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP doesn't respond when closing down
Hi,

When I want to close GIMP and click the cross-box in the main screen it closes only partially, since the tool boxes left and right of the screen stay open and tell me that GIMP doesn't respond. Clicking them separately wil finally close them.

Any suggestions?

Kindest regards, Leo.
Is there an image open in Gimp at that point? Maybe there is a quit confirmation dialog open somewhere.
Thanks for the quick response.

No nothing open.

KR, Leo

P.S. Sorry to have posted in the wrong place.
Is there any particular reason for using the traditional three window mode?

Does Gimp close correctly when using single window mode (Gimp menu Windows -> Single Window Mode)

Even in three window mode, There is always File -> Quit to close Gimp.
File -> Quit to close Gimp doesn't make a difference: same error.

In single mode it closes correctly.

Any more suggestions?

KR, Leo
(10-22-2017, 03:22 PM)lpvmc Wrote: File -> Quit to close Gimp doesn't make a difference: same error.

In single mode it closes correctly.

Any more suggestions?

KR, Leo

This makes it even more likely that this is due to some invisible (offscreen?) dialog.
Meaning?????
(10-22-2017, 05:03 PM)lpvmc Wrote: Meaning?????

Gimp is likely displaying a window that you cannot see. Sometime these windows are put at coordinates that are outside the limits of your screen, for instance x=2000 when you screen is only 1920 pixels wide. Or right at the bottom, and hidden by the taskbar... 

Maybe you can edit the sessionrc file in your Gimp profile, and see if there are windows positions saved with coordinates outside (or close to) the screen  dimensions. See also if Edit>Preferences>Window management>Reset position to default values fixes things.
I joined this forum fifteen minutes ago to ask exactly the same question!

I immediately opened Gimp, did that edit, closed, re-opened, and it closed correctly!

Can't thank you enough!