Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp 2.10 is painfully slow, even when editing very small files
Hi there,

i'm using the latest gimp 2.10.12 on a W10 64bits machine with a GTX 1060 and i5 8300H, 12GB RAM.
Problem being, GIMP is extremely slow. Like, i'm editing a 10x10 pixels images (with a color palette on it) and the simple fact of appling a transparent layer takes several seconds to do. Creating a new one as well. Sometimes pasting an image in an other (like a 300x250 image) takes forever to do.
I tried reinstalling Gimp 3 times and yet still happens. 

Anyone has an idea ?
Taking a lead from your earlier posts, you already have the usual answers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GIMP/comments/d...ting_very/

It is going to be a hardware issue somewhere along the line. Obviously Gimp is not normally that slow especially with small images. Does happen to the occasional user but no definitive answer.

As well as turning openCL off have you tried setting the number of threads to use to 1. In Edit -> Preferences -> System Resources

Reinstalling Gimp rarely does any good. The settings are held in your Gimp profile created after Gimp is installed and therefore not in the uninstall information. You could also try deleting that, restart Gimp to make a new default profile. See if it makes any difference.
Hi there,

i'm using the latest gimp 2.10.12 on a W10 64bits machine with a GTX 1060 and i5 8300H, 12GB RAM.
Problem being, GIMP is extremely slow. Like, i'm editing a 10x10 pixels images (with a color palette on it) and the simple fact of appling a transparent layer takes several seconds to do. Creating a new one as well. Sometimes pasting an image in an other (like a 300x250 image) takes forever to do.
I tried reinstalling Gimp 3 times and yet still happens. [SIZE="1"]vidmate mobdro word counter

Anyone has an idea ?

my issue got solved!!
(09-11-2019, 08:51 PM)techy99 Wrote: my issue got solved!!

How?