Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp not return to multiple windows after using single window mode
I have had Gimp 2.8.22 for some time now without major problems but lately I notice the two tool docks hang up for about 15-30 seconds after closing the large image window.  I tried the single window mode and now I cannot get back to the multi window mode.  I have the image window, and the two tool docks are together as one.  I have not been able to break them apart.

I wonder if this has something to do with the large windows updates that I get every once in awhile.  I had one not long before this trouble with Gimp.  I use Windows 10.

Has anyone had trouble or know what to do about it?
Tried to uncheck Windows>Single-Window mode?
Quote:...I have the image window, and the two tool docks are together as one. I have not been able to break them apart...

You need to reset to the default setup
Edit -> Preferences -> Window Management then click the 'Reset Saved Window Positions to Default Values'
OK that and restart Gimp

The switch between multi-window mode and single-window mode (and back) is very dependent on the position of the windows

A bit about it here: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Gimp-Installation see the second video
Thank you very much, Rich. That worked. Now I will know what to do if it happens again!