Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GimpChat out?
(01-24-2017, 03:01 PM)2-ton Wrote: Still waiting for GC to come back up, but it's still out.

Really sad.  Almost a week now. How can it take so long, if the domain really is renewed?
What a pity for all the great contents.
I am pretty sure Omega didn't renew the DNS,
because it should only take maximum 48hrs for all DNS changes to propagate through...(am I wrong in thinking this)?
(01-27-2017, 04:10 PM)trandoductin Wrote: I am pretty sure Omega didn't renew the DNS,
because it should only take maximum 48hrs for all DNS changes to propagate through...(am I wrong in thinking this)?

The WHOIS records show that this has been renewed and should be valid until Nov 7, 2017. However the same WHOIS records point to an invalid DNS server... (gimpchat.com says the DNS server is... gimpchat.com).
Apart from many Gimp Chat members may be confused by this matter,  also I really regret the dosier and so many tutorials and information that could be lost. Is there any way to retrieve all that information? Sad
When I try to log in on my GimpChat page GimpChat dont let me do that. So I need to register once more time.

Lurifax73
(01-27-2017, 06:58 PM)Lurifax73 Wrote: When I try to log in on my GimpChat page GimpChat dont let me do that. So I need to register once more time.

Lurifax73

So, you can access the site?
(01-27-2017, 09:50 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 06:58 PM)Lurifax73 Wrote: When I try to log in on my GimpChat page GimpChat dont let me do that. So I need to register once more time.

Lurifax73

So, you can access the site?

No, this one and the other one as I talk to you yesterday.
OK, GimpChat is up, if you know the address... but yo uhave to set it in your /etc/hosts file (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts if you are on Windows)

Code:
108.160.151.87  gimpchat.com
108.160.151.87  www.gimpchat.com

So current members that read this can access GC and use it normally. But random internet users won't find it until they read this...

So Omega just has to fix the DNS problem....

Edit: The IP address no longer answers... Glad I took a screenshot Smile

Further edit: Seems to be running again...
I put that address into my search bar and it gives me an error message.
(01-28-2017, 01:00 AM)2-ton Wrote: I put that address into my search bar and it gives me an error message.

You can't use the address directly. You have to refer to gimpchat.com by name in your browser, to let your browser generates the proper HTTP headers, because at the other end, the software supports different forums using different names, if you come with the address alone, it doesn't know which forum you want to talk to.

And to be able to use gimpchat.com in your browser, it's either the regular DNS system (broken...) or your "hosts" file.