Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Fonts (via skyfonts) not available in GIMP
I'm using GIMP 2.8.22 on Windows 10.0.16299. I used skyfont to install several fonts on my system. They're available in libreoffice and other programs, but aren't available in GIMP. How do I get GIMP to recognize these fonts?

Thank you!
Surprising, since normally Gimp will use the system-installed fonts.

But you can always find your Gimp profile, and drop the TTF/OTF files in the fonts subdirectory and restart Gimp.
I think it has something to do with how skyfont shares the fonts, but I don't know.

Copying the new fonts into the profile worked - thank you for your time!!
(02-19-2018, 07:33 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Surprising, since normally Gimp will use the system-installed fonts.

But you can always find your Gimp profile, and drop the TTF/OTF files in the fonts subdirectory and restart Gimp.

Didn't know this, thanks!
(02-19-2018, 07:19 PM)ravenkwill Wrote: I'm using GIMP 2.8.22 on Windows 10.0.16299. I used skyfont to install several fonts on my system. They're available in libreoffice and other programs, but aren't available in GIMP. How do I get GIMP to recognize these fonts?

Thank you!

this is where skyfonts saves the fonts you downloaded
C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Monotype\skyfonts-google

you can verify by opening skyfonts and right clicking in any font and selecting show font files
which will open a window displaying your font directoy, copy the location

in gimp go to edit -> preferences -> folders -> fonts
click on the blank page icon on the left (new location)
paste ctrl + v the folder location you just copied
click Ok

gimp will load the fonts into the font list, if you don't see your fonts restart gimp