Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, found you
I used to be a  member (knotty) of the 'OLD' forum that went under. Wondered what happened! anyway a question. I'm inbetween Internet connections. So wondering if I can download the latest GIMP at a public computer (library) onto a flashdrive and then install it to my home computer?

Thanks! Carl
(03-12-2017, 09:03 PM)carl7 Wrote: I used to be a  member (knotty) of the 'OLD' forum that went under. Wondered what happened! anyway a question. I'm inbetween Internet connections. So wondering if I can download the latest GIMP at a public computer (library) onto a flashdrive and then install it to my home computer?

Thanks! Carl

Hello Knotty/Carl7. Yes, you can download Gimp to a USB key and move it to another computer for installation.
It might depend how friendly your local library is.

The Windows Gimp 2.8.20 installer is 74 MB
Hi rich good to see you! thanks for the reply, that's good to know about installing from a USB drive. Last week, for the heck of it, I fired up PCs that's been sitting around for 14 years and found they work perfectly, even had a version of Gimp from then. So I want to put the latest Gimp on them.
Carl
Latest may not work, requires XP SP3 and these machines could still be running SP2. IIRC the last Gimp to support SP2 was a 2.6x (and not the later ones... 2.6.8 or so).

These machines would however happily run a Linux (even a 64-bit one if the processor allows).
Thanks ofnuts, good to see see you again too. Both these old PCs have Win XP. I have to find out which SP. Unfortunately I have just one monitor so can't hook them up right now. Will post the specs little later.
Carl