Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do I Create Signature File?
Hello, 

I had 24 years in the I.T. Industry. I am well versed in Forums. I have looked in my Profile for "Signature" to make a Signature File. To no avail!

I used the "Help" and searched for "Signature File". There are no instructions on how to "effectively" use this Forum Board's functions. 

How do I create a Signature File in Gimp-Forum. 

Thank You! 
Chris
Best Regards, 
StageMan
(05-29-2021, 03:18 PM)StageMan Wrote: Hello, 

I had 24 years in the I.T. Industry. I am well versed in Forums. I have looked in my Profile for "Signature" to make a Signature File. To no avail!

I used the "Help" and searched for "Signature File". There are no instructions on how to "effectively" use this Forum Board's functions. 

Thank You! 
Chris

User CP -->Your Profile---> Change Signature

Note red arrows:

[Image: bIT4e0K.png]

Strange. I get this dialogue when I click on change signature. This a screenshot of a screenshot (sig going to go Wink )

Please keep it clean and advertising free.
H'mmmm....worked for me

Well it is clean and advertising free, also intensely annoying Wink
(05-29-2021, 04:58 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Well it is clean and advertising free, also intensely annoying Wink

I guess that's why I never really bothered before to install a sig. here?
One man's treasure...etc

(05-29-2021, 03:41 PM)rickk Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 03:18 PM)StageMan Wrote: Hello, 

Thank You! 
Chris

User CP -->Your Profile---> Change Signature

Note red arrows:

[Image: bIT4e0K.png]

Notice in my screen shot that I've attached that there is no option to "Change Signature" Where is the User Manual for the Gimp-Forum.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Best Regards, 
StageMan
Quote:Notice in my screen shot that I've attached that there is no option to "Change Signature"

Very strange. I can not see any real reason for that. While logged in try https://www.gimp-forum.net/usercp.php?action=editsig

Adding avatar. There is a problem with the MYBB software, Ofnuts has a script to fix any broken avatar that you uploaded, It might get fixed or he might be on holiday.
edit: Pop a post in here https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Avatar-not-working and he should see it.

Quote:Where is the User Manual for the Gimp-Forum.

This is a small user forum. Most questions are handled individually. You have already been to the help page which is for basic information. Most is straight from the MYBB template. A simple search gives the (old) MYBB documentation https://docs.mybb.com/1.6/User-CP/
Thanks for the reply Ricardo. 

Yeah, Having had 24 years in I.T. I knew it wasn't on my end. 
Thanks for the link. 
Hay... you're an Admin. Can you square it away?

Chris
Best Regards, 
StageMan
(05-30-2021, 11:33 PM)StageMan Wrote: Thanks for the reply Ricardo. 

Yeah, Having had 24 years in I.T. I knew it wasn't on my end. 
Thanks for the link. 
Hay... you're an Admin. Can you square it away?

Chris

Hi, Chris.  This is sort of unusual, having no option to use a signature file and not being able to use the avatar option that is seemingly available.  This is just a suggestion and I have no idea if it will fix the problem you have. But, why not try?

From the User Control Panel, select Edit Options and make sure that Display User's Signatures and Display User's Avatars is checked.  It's worth a shot.

[Image: Q81XORA.png]

Also, check and see if the "Signature" box is checked when you are actually composing a post.  This will only show up when you are making a post, it's not in the Control Panel.  And these are just ideas, as it doesn't seem like it would affect anything but, you never know.

Also, are you using an outdated browser, perhaps?  Maybe try another browser. After making any changes, sign out and back in.