When i try to use it, however, I get this

An error occurred running python_fu_heal_selection

error: procedure not found

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/app/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py", line 741, in response
    dialog.res = run_script(params)
  File "/app/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py", line 362, in run_script
    return apply(function, params)
  File "/home/alex/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins/plugin-heal-selection.py", line 148, in heal_selection
    pdb.plug_in_resynthesizer(timg, tdrawable, 0,0, useBorder, work_drawable.ID, -1, -1, 0.0, 0.117, 16, 500)
error: procedure not found

the plug-ins directory contains these files

-rwxrwxrwx  1 alex alex  6595 Oct 17  2013 plugin-heal-selection.py
-rwxrwxrwx  1 alex alex  3153 Oct 17  2013 plugin-heal-transparency.py
-rwxrwxrwx  1 alex alex 17194 Oct 17  2013 plugin-map-style.py
-rwxrwxrwx  1 alex alex  7684 Oct 17  2013 plugin-render-texture.py
-rwxrwxrwx  1 alex alex  3303 Oct 17  2013 plugin-resynth-enlarge.py
-rwxrwxrwx  1 alex alex  3609 Oct 17  2013 plugin-resynth-fill-pattern.py
-rwxrwxrwx  1 alex alex  3262 Oct 17  2013 plugin-resynth-sharpen.py
-rwxrwxrwx  1 alex alex  6011 Oct 17  2013 plugin-uncrop.py
drwxrwxrwx  2 alex alex  4096 Oct 17  2013 win32
drwxrwxrwx  2 alex alex  4096 Oct 17  2013 win64

Any help would be helpful!

Regards

Alex
Looks like a can-of-worms (Default Gimp for focal is 2.10.18)

Where did you get Gimp 2.10.32 from ? Is it a flatpak ? or a Snap installation or from a PPA ?

You installed resynthesizer but where ? If it works there is a menu entry Filters -> Map -> Resynthesize

"/home/alex/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins/plugin-heal-selection.py" Gimp 2.8 ??? Not the place for Gimp 2.10 plugins

Tell us which Gimp.
Flatpak has a bespoke resynthesizer+ python plugins
Snap - never going to work
From a PPA, you can get it to work but needs a little explanation.

--
just out of curiosity, why the win32 / win64 folders in your linux plugins ?
Hi

thanks for the quick reply

OOPS! Slightly crossed threads here

Originally tried to add the plug-in on my well used Ubuntu system. whan that failed I tried in on the other half of the dual boot - the dreaded Windows10

i guess I gave the wrong directory there!

anyway back to the problem - originally installed from the Software repository

Then as a flatpack as it actually contains the plug-in. 

The .gimp2.8 directory is the only gimp one.

Happy to use PPA, flatpack is new to me and I don't really understand it

Regards

Alex
I would stick to the flatpak for the moment, it has python2 support needed for those python plugins.

Try this

Code:
flatpak list
to see what is there

Code:
flatpak install gimp
gives options then just follow the trail, you need the 2-40 versions

That buries the resynthesizer + python plugins somewhere in the flatpak folders. For any other plugins you install have a look in Edit -> Preferences Folders -> Plug-ins and note the paths. My advice make your own folder. That default user folder might not exist.

Hi

Did all that - errors on trying to use the plug-in

Start again - removed all Gimp and followed your instructions above. now the plug-in does not appear in the menus or the plugin browser, the Gimp directory I created is empty.

Even if my directory is the only one for plug-ins it still remains empty, but the install tells me it's been installed

Regards

Alex (very confused)
Quote:...Start again - removed all Gimp and followed your instructions above...

Since you already had the flatpak installed, no need to remove anything flatpak related. Your original listing shows a flatpak installation (that line "/app/lib/gimp/2.0/python/...) so it was there

Check: You get a flatpak list that contains org.gimp.Gimp ? The same flatpak list will show the resynthesizer  as well if it is installed. If not there you could try the 2-3.36 option. As far as I know the new version should work but worth a try.

How do you start Gimp, from a .desktop file or can you try from a terminal, just to prove it is installed.
Code:
flatpak run org.gimp.Gimp

Flatpak can run in parallel to a regular Gimp but as with any Gimp update, will use an existing Gimp profile. It might even migrate plugins to the new Gimp user profile.

My guess is you have multiple Gimp plugin installations, do a search and see how many exist. Maybe for plugin-heal-transparency.py (hope you are not using those old Windows "Oct 17 2013 plugin-heal-transparency" files)

I personally do not use flatpaks now, because they are sandboxed, but I have in the past and as you see work perfectly well in a virtualbox.

Writing this in a (k)ubuntu 20.04 using a PPA and old gimp-python packages but that is not a route that I advise unless you are happy using command line and fixing dependency problems.

for info some previous posts
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Resynt...add-plugin? Which is more of the above.
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Heal-S...4#pid18354 Those old packages.

The Gimp-python appimage launcher for a regular Gimp, (not appimage)
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Python...-and-Focal
https://github.com/TasMania17/Gimp-Appim...-for-Linux
(12-08-2022, 09:10 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:...Start again - removed all Gimp and followed your instructions above...

Since you already had the flatpak installed,  no need to remove anything flatpak related. Your original listing shows a flatpak installation (that line "/app/lib/gimp/2.0/python/...) so it was there

Check: You get a flatpak list that contains org.gimp.Gimp ? The same flatpak list will show the resynthesizer  as well if it is installed. If not there you could try the 2-3.36 option. As far as I know the new version should work but worth a try.

How do you start Gimp, from a .desktop file or can you try from a terminal, just to prove it is installed.
Code:
flatpak run org.gimp.Gimp

Flatpak can run in parallel to a regular Gimp but as with any Gimp update, will use an existing Gimp profile. It might even migrate plugins to the new Gimp user profile.

My guess is you have multiple Gimp plugin installations, do a search and see how many exist. Maybe for plugin-heal-transparency.py (hope you are not using those old Windows "Oct 17  2013 plugin-heal-transparency" files)

I personally do not use flatpaks now, because they are sandboxed, but I have in the past and as you see work perfectly well in a virtualbox.

Writing this in a (k)ubuntu 20.04 using a PPA and old gimp-python packages but that is not a route that I advise unless you are happy using command line and fixing dependency problems.

for info some previous posts
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Resynt...add-plugin? Which is more of the above.
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Heal-S...4#pid18354 Those old packages.

The Gimp-python appimage launcher for a regular Gimp, (not appimage)
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Python...-and-Focal
https://github.com/TasMania17/Gimp-Appim...-for-Linux

I removed everything and hunted out other versions - found some GIMP directories, so removed them.

installed the flatpak again and this time it came up with an error as below

alex@Desktop:/var/lib/dpkg/info$ flatpak install gimp
Looking for matches…
Similar refs found for ‘gimp’ in remote ‘flathub’ (system):

1) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Fourier/x86_64/2-40
   2) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Fourier/x86_64/2-3.36
   3) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.FocusBlur/x86_64/2-40
   4) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic/x86_64/2-40
   5) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.BIMP/x86_64/2-3.36
   6) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Resynthesizer/x86_64/2-3.36
   7) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Resynthesizer/x86_64/2-40
   8) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.FocusBlur/x86_64/2-3.36
   9) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.BIMP/x86_64/2-40
  10) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.LiquidRescale/x86_64/2-3.36
  11) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.LiquidRescale/x86_64/2-40
  12) app/org.gimp.GIMP/x86_64/stable
  13) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic/x86_64/2-3.36
  14) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Manual/x86_64/2.10
  15) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Lensfun/x86_64/2-3.36
  16) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Lensfun/x86_64/2-40

Which do you want to use (0 to abort)? [0-16]: 12

org.gimp.GIMP permissions:
    ipc     network     x11     dri     file access [1]     dbus access [2]     tags [3]

[1] /tmp, host, xdg-config/GIMP, xdg-config/gtk-3.0, xdg-run/gvfs, xdg-run/gvfsd
    [2] org.freedesktop.FileManager1, org.gnome.Shell.Screenshot, org.gtk.vfs.*, org.kde.kwin.Screenshot
    [3] stable

ID                                             Branch                 Op            Remote             Download
 1. [✓] org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default            22.08-extra            i             flathub              1.0 kB / 132.3 MB
 2. [✓] org.gimp.GIMP                                  stable                 i             flathub            149.1 MB / 126.8 MB

Installation complete.
alex@Desktop:/var/lib/dpkg/info$ flatpak install gimp
Looking for matches…
Similar refs found for ‘gimp’ in remote ‘flathub’ (system):

1) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Fourier/x86_64/2-40
   2) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Fourier/x86_64/2-3.36
   3) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.FocusBlur/x86_64/2-40
   4) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic/x86_64/2-40
   5) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.BIMP/x86_64/2-3.36
   6) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Resynthesizer/x86_64/2-3.36
   7) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Resynthesizer/x86_64/2-40
   8) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.FocusBlur/x86_64/2-3.36
   9) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.BIMP/x86_64/2-40
  10) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.LiquidRescale/x86_64/2-3.36
  11) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.LiquidRescale/x86_64/2-40
  12) app/org.gimp.GIMP/x86_64/stable
  13) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic/x86_64/2-3.36
  14) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Manual/x86_64/2.10
  15) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Lensfun/x86_64/2-3.36
  16) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Lensfun/x86_64/2-40

Which do you want to use (0 to abort)? [0-16]: 7

ID                                                    Branch            Op            Remote             Download
 1. [✓] org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Resynthesizer.Locale             2-40              i             flathub             1.9 kB / 4.4 kB
 2. [✓] org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Resynthesizer                    2-40              i             flathub            52.9 kB / 65.4 kB

Installation complete.
alex@Desktop:/var/lib/dpkg/info$ flatpak list
Name                                            Application ID                                Version           Branch               Installation
Mesa                                            org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default           22.2.4            22.08                system
Mesa (Extra)                                    org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default           22.2.4            22.08-extra          system
openh264                                        org.freedesktop.Platform.openh264                               19.08                system
openh264                                        org.freedesktop.Platform.openh264             2.1.0             2.0                  system
openh264                                        org.freedesktop.Platform.openh264             2.1.0             2.2.0                system
GNU Image Manipulation Program                  org.gimp.GIMP                                 2.10.32           stable               system
Resynthesizer                                   org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Resynthesizer            2.0.3             2-40                 system
GNOME Mahjongg                                  org.gnome.Mahjongg                            3.38.3            stable               system
GNOME Application Platform version 42           org.gnome.Platform                                              42                   system
GNOME Application Platform version 43           org.gnome.Platform                                              43                   system
Ambiance Gtk theme                              org.gtk.Gtk3theme.Ambiance                                      3.22                 system
Yaru-dark Gtk Theme                             org.gtk.Gtk3theme.Yaru-dark                                     3.22                 system
alex@Desktop:/var/lib/dpkg/info$ flatpak run org.gimp.Gimp
error: app/org.gimp.Gimp/x86_64/master not installed

Whilst checking this out on the internet, I found a link given to someone who had the problem, to an AppImage download.

I downloaded the latest (2021) version with Plug-ins and it appears to work correctly with my limited testing so far.
So, thanks for all the help, i think I'm sorted for the moment

Regards

Alex
Quote:alex@Desktop:/var/lib/dpkg/info$ flatpak run org.gimp.Gimp
error: app/org.gimp.Gimp/x86_64/master not installed

I wonder why you are running from that folder - no wonder you get an error.

However for most purposes an older Gimp version 2.10.22 appimage from https://github.com/aferrero2707/gimp-appimage/releases/ is more than adequate.

problem solved - no reply required.