Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to add date on photo
(06-25-2022, 05:21 AM)Stephen Liu Wrote: $ fc-list | grep UbuntuMono-B.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ubuntu/UbuntuMono-B.ttf: Ubuntu MonoConfusedtyle=Bold
Failed

Did I use convert ? No. I used mogrify

and which bit of

Quote:Note you need the font files (ttf) in the same place as the images.

Do you not understand
(06-25-2022, 07:18 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
(06-25-2022, 05:21 AM)Stephen Liu Wrote: $ fc-list | grep UbuntuMono-B.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ubuntu/UbuntuMono-B.ttf: Ubuntu MonoConfusedtyle=Bold
Failed

Did I use convert ? No. I used mogrify

and which bit of

Quote:Note you need the font files (ttf) in the same place as the images.

Do you not understand
I have tried your version running morgrify before posting but failed.

unable to read font

$ mogrify \
> -define jpg -font Futura-Bold.ttf -pointsize 48 -fill red  -annotate +50+100 "Today: June 25, 2022" \
> -font Ubuntu-M.ttf -pointsize 48 -fill green  -annotate +50+150 "Photographed at home" \
> -font Futura-Bold.ttf -pointsize 30 -fill blue  -annotate +50+200 "6 months" p01_60.jpg
Code:
mogrify-im6.q16: unable to read font `Futura-Bold.ttf' @ warning/annotate.c/RenderType/915.
mogrify-im6.q16: unable to read font `Ubuntu-M.ttf' @ .
mogrify-im6.q16: unable to read font `Ubuntu-M.ttf' @ warning/annotate.c/RenderType/915.
mogrify-im6.q16: unable to read font `Ubuntu-M.ttf' @ warning/annotate.c/RenderType/915.
Regards
The mogrify command does work, it is your inability to understand.  If you are intent on using ImageMagick then you must ask these questions on the ImageMagick forum. https://github.com/ImageMagick/ImageMagick/discussions

As far as I can see from your last post, it depends what you pasted into the terminal. If you pasted the line markers > then that is wrong, they are not part of the command. Do not replace the wildcard *.jpg with a filename. Make sure the font files are in with the image files. 

And this really is my last post on the subject.