Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to adjust brush fade to a path automaticly?
I want to stroke a path with a dynamic brush and i want the fade lenght of my brush to be set to the path length.
I can do this by hand, but this is tedious. I need something automatic.

thx in advance
I have a script for this but never published it. Will see if I can find the time to polish it up.
(07-08-2018, 12:04 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: I have a script for this but never published it. Will see if I can find the time to polish it up.

Yes, please !
(07-08-2018, 03:58 AM)Espermaschine Wrote:
(07-08-2018, 12:04 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: I have a script for this but never published it. Will see if I can find the time to polish it up.

Yes, please !

I'm petitioning for a 8th day in the week, called "Esperday" Smile
its not like i made the request...

just showing interest
Anyway... now I remember, I never finished the script because there is no way to get/set the fade length. If you have an id on the Gnome GitLab, you can upvote: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/1385
It seems that i was not the only one interested in this feature.
I am now going to take a look how to write these scrips.
If i find a way i will ofc share it.
(07-09-2018, 10:41 AM)TheFunnySide Wrote: It seems that i was not the only one interested in this feature.
I am now going to take a look how to write these scrips.
If i find a way i will ofc share it.

I have a script ready for this... there is just a blank line under the comment:

Code:
# wait for a Gimp API to set the fade length

No API, no .py.
Just a thought.

I was looking at an old RobA script last night "taper-along-path.scm" wondering if it could be adapted. Has not worked since Gimp 2.6 but just creates a brush and 'stamps' at close intervals to create the line.

In more modern Gimp, there is the follow path plugin and it is a bit of a monster. The concept might be slimmed down a bit. The other snag of course is the brush opacity very quickly builds up to solid.

however, it looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/xhtEXLH.jpg
Not worth it... I really want the fade because I hope to be able to allow any kind of fade-related dynamics (size, opacity, color, direction..., and also following the fade curve defined in the dynamics). I even wonder if this could be made to work together with the "line" mode. As you can see, aiming for the maximum "wow" effect wit the minimum code Smile