Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to enhance color
Denzjos,
Could you check if this script was actually authored by Ofnuts?

As far as I know, Ofnuts has a Luminosity plugin, but it is found in the menu: Select - Luminosity.

I also have this script that you referenced in the same menu, but I don't think it was authored by Ofnuts, but I could be wrong.

PS:  I just checked, this script you mentioned was written by Tin Tran.
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
(11-23-2023, 11:09 AM)sallyanne Wrote:
I replied over at Gimp chat too    (so did dinasset)
G'MIC's Local Contrast Enhance, Equalize Local Histogram, Mighty Detail and Normalize Brightness filters
and I also added a blue sky

I suppose you added a blue sky either manually or using a not mentioned filter.
So I attach here the "translation" into a mini python filter of your process without the sky adjustment.
The outcome produced is also attached. Could you check if something is wrong? 

.7z   Sallyanne_Dehaze.7z (Size: 1.47 KB / Downloads: 31)

nothing is wrong Dinasset. That is good. I didn't like how the sky came out with the normalize brightness filter, so I changed the sky manually - selected, cut and added a gradient on a new layer so it could have the opacity reduced or the layer modes used.
By the way I just realized you made a plugin with my steps. Thank you, I am flattered.
Just tried it on a different photo. Worked ok for it but it still need something so I used multiply layer mode on the top layer after the plugin had done its thing.

I guess each photo will need something different Wink

Smile
(11-24-2023, 06:29 AM)sallyanne Wrote: @ stephen, you may need to update your GMIC but it has been in it for a few versions.
Oh by the way that is 'Local Contrast Enhancement'

Hi @sallyanne

I got it

Filters
-> G'MIC-Qt
-> Local Contrast Enhancement
- Adjusting;
- Spatial Radius
- Amount
- Darkness Level
Light Level

Is there a simple way to add blue sky ?

Thanks
not that I know of. look for an AI filter if you want simple.

Smile
(11-25-2023, 02:51 AM)sallyanne Wrote: not that I know of. look for an AI filter if you want simple.

Hi @sallyanne,

Thanks for your information.

Just tried AI sky free online.  It is very convenient, just 2 clicks, upload file and download file

Attached Files Image(s)

(11-25-2023, 04:04 AM)Stephen Liu Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 02:51 AM)sallyanne Wrote: not that I know of. look for an AI filter if you want simple.

Hi @sallyanne,

Just tried AI sky free online.  It is very convenient, just 2 clicks, upload file and download file

Very nice. By the way, if you have something with bricks or stone, sharpening it or using a filter under details helps to bring them out - same as for windows. By practicing you will soon find out which is best for what.
If you have a lot of photos to fix I guess that would be very convenient. I am not a AI person and still like to do things myself. Gimp and G'MIC do much more than I could do alone.

Smile
(11-25-2023, 05:47 AM)sallyanne Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 04:04 AM)Stephen Liu Wrote:

Hi @sallyanne,

Very nice. By the way, if you have something with bricks or stone, sharpening it or using a filter under details helps to bring them out - same as for windows. By practicing you will soon find out which is best for what.
If you have a lot of photos to fix I guess that would be very convenient. I am not a AI person and still like to do things myself. Gimp and G'MIC do much more than I could do alone.
Hi @sallyanne,

"Mighty details" is also a nice filter

[G'MIC] New filter *Details / Mighty details*
http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10886

I have hundreds of photos to be digitised, some of them alrady changed in color and needing to restore.  It needs heavy labour and time to be injected.  I'm using a mobile phone to capture, fast and exact.

But the most difficulty faced by me is ripping old Sony V8 taped to digital video.
(11-24-2023, 12:50 PM)Krikor Wrote: Denzjos,
Could you check if this script was actually authored by Ofnuts?

As far as I know, Ofnuts has a Luminosity plugin, but it is found in the menu: Select - Luminosity.

I also have this script that you referenced in the same menu, but I don't think it was authored by Ofnuts, but I could be wrong.

PS:  I just checked, this script you mentioned was written by Tin Tran.

Blush Blush Blush