Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to reset path handles on anchor point
Is there a way in gimp to reset the handles on an anhor point (set to zero) . On a drawing where I stroke straight lines in black resulted in some lines that are half black and the other end a sort of half grey.  After moving the handles to zero (I think) The left line is ok the right line is not ok. The paths are snapped to grid ( grid on 1 point distance). I think some handles are not set to zero with the result that the straight lines are a little bend withe the result that some lines are not stroked in full black.  Thanks for a sollution in advance.

.xcf   spring flap nok.xcf (Size: 20.73 KB / Downloads: 232)
Shift-ctrl to put the path tool into subtract mode. Click on the handle to collapse it.

You have a very slight curve on that section of path, enough to apply antialiasing. (My path next to it)

One thing to note about stroking vertical and horizontal paths. Even with antialiasing enabled
Odd widths 1, 3, 5 ... introduce antialiasing 
Even widths 2, 4, 6 ... no antialiasing

(of course you can always stroke with the paint tool)
Much useful information. Thank you Rich
I have a script that removes all these tiny tangents that do more harm than good. See ofn-remove-tangents here.
Sorry for the late reaction Blush, but nice work Ofnuts, magic with lines. The script is working fine. Thanks.
(09-29-2019, 01:40 PM)denzjos Wrote: Is there a way in gimp to reset the handles on an anhor point (set to zero) . On a drawing where I stroke straight lines in black resulted in some lines that are half black and the other end a sort of half grey.  After moving the handles to zero (I think) The left line is ok the right line is not ok. The paths are snapped to grid ( grid on 1 point distance). I think some handles are not set to zero with the result that the straight lines are a little bend withe the result that some lines are not stroked in full black.  Thanks for a sollution in advance.

I have just been playing with this. The best solution is the ofn-remove-tangents.

I found another way. First use the Ofnuts Reverse-Strokes, then stroke the path. I have no idea why it works, but it does.