Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I forget how to merge picture
Hi, rich2005, I don't really need Curves and I don't actually what Curves is about but I followed the steps of your first video. Paste is different from Paste as new layer??
First video is not mine, it comes from the gmic developer.
All sorts of ways you can paste, just look in the Edit menu.
Each version (paste / paste in place / paste in selection / paste as new layer / ....) have their own uses and there is plenty of overlap where you might use any particular version. The basic is still Copy (ctrl-c) and Paste (ctrl-v) and much used because of the key shortcuts.
(01-15-2022, 11:56 AM)rich2005 Wrote: First video is not mine, it comes from the gmic developer.  
Each version (paste / paste in place / paste in selection / paste as new layer / ....)  have their own uses and there is plenty of overlap where you might use any particular version. The basic is still Copy (ctrl-c) and Paste (ctrl-v) and much used because of the key shortcuts.

painful Angry
(01-15-2022, 11:56 AM)rich2005 Wrote: First video is not mine, it comes from the gmic developer.  
Each version (paste / paste in place / paste in selection / paste as new layer / ....)  have their own uses and there is plenty of overlap where you might use any particular version. The basic is still Copy (ctrl-c) and Paste (ctrl-v) and much used because of the key shortcuts.

Also thanks for that 1 minute youtube video, please do not delete it too soon. I will need to get
back to it and practice
Sorry but this is the best I can make. I'd like to know how I can make the color of the border closer to the monkey?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You have not been forgotten, just it is not easy to see what you are doing with big blue splodges over the images.

What you can try, that is not difficult and all Gimp tools.:

Make the face selection, a bit over size is good, easy to trim down with the eraser tool later on.
Copy it: Edit -> Copy
In the the background image (monkey): Edit -> Paste -> As anew Layer
Move the layer into position.

Then it is a bit of user judgement, Working in the pasted layer.
1. Use the Smudge tool with a fuzzy brush (Hardness 25) to soften the edges
2. Use the eraser tool if required to remove any overlap or defects
3. Maybe, reduce the opacity slight lay

All in 40 seconds: https://i.imgur.com/KtvQeaK.mp4