Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Image Color and Transparency Quality Reduction
Photo 
Hi, I started using Gimp a few weeks ago I think, not long basically, and I havent had problems with the exporting, until now. I will attach two screenshots of the two images (Pre- and Post Export)
If someone can  please tell me what may be the issue I will appreciate it a lot, as I have tried everything I can think of and its not fixing it. 
I have also noticed that when I merge the visible layers in Gimp it does the same color "corruption" thing. I dont know why.

Thx in advance

Is the image color-indexed? What is the export format?
(09-13-2021, 10:20 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Is the image color-indexed? What is the export format?

The format is png, and yes the colors are indexed for all the layers.
In color-indexed mode there is no partial opacity, Pixels are either fully opaque or fully transparent. Indexed mode is really meant for GIF and so behaves like GIF.
(09-14-2021, 08:50 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: In color-indexed mode there is no partial opacity, Pixels are either fully opaque or fully transparent. Indexed mode is really meant for GIF and so behaves like GIF.

Ahhh! Thx a lot! So I have to make it RGB mode?
(09-14-2021, 12:42 PM)Theunsgk Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 08:50 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: In color-indexed mode there is no partial opacity, Pixels are either fully opaque or fully transparent. Indexed mode is really meant for GIF and so behaves like GIF.

Ahhh! Thx a lot! So I have to make it RGB mode?

Yes.
Thx a lot Smile