Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Importing CSS palettes?
Question 
Hey so i'm a bit new at this and after making a palette I thought i'd save it by exporting it as a CSS file since that's the first one that was suggested.

Anyway now i'm trying to re-import it but it's not loading in at all.

Is there a way to import CSS tilesets? Because i'd rather not have to go remake the palette all over again........But if that's the case and i've buggered this up then is there any better file type to save my palettes as in the future?

Any help would be much appreciated  Huh
Palettes are saves as .gpl files in your gimp profile. Just use the Save option. It should still be there in your palettes dialogue. Look and see. You can also check the palettes section in your gimp profile to see if the gpl file is there.

Both css and gpl files are text files. May be possible to use copy/paste to create gpl file from the css file. I haven't tried.
(02-14-2018, 05:12 AM)Blighty Wrote: Palettes are saves as .gpl files in your gimp profile. Just use the Save option. It should still be there in your palettes dialogue. Look and see. You can also check the palettes section in your gimp profile to see if the gpl file is there.

Both css and gpl files are text files. May be possible to use copy/paste to create gpl file from the css file. I haven't tried.

CSS palettes are in Hex, and Gimp palettes are in decimal, so you need a script.

@OP: if you can't find your palettes un the palete dialog, post the CSS (attach in ZIP), and I'll cook a quick script.