Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is It Possible to Adjust the Line Spacing of Individual Lines of Text?
Hi Guys,

To adjust the line spacing for all the text in a text box, I would click the button indicated in the image below. But how do I adjust it on a per line basis? Is this possible?

Thanks.

[Image: dZGoEGL.png]
You can adjust individual lines by putting the cursor at the beginning of a line, then hold down ALt and use the Down arrow key.
(08-11-2018, 01:45 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: You can adjust individual lines by putting the cursor at the beginning of a line, then hold down ALt and use the Down arrow key.

Thanks but unfortunately, the solution isn't working. When I try to adjust the leading (line spacing) individually, all of the lines of text are still being affected. For instance, in the image below, I want to adjust the spacing above and/or below just line 2. But whenever I try to do so, the spaces between all five lines change.

First I tried just putting the cursor at the beginning of line 2, then holding down the ALT key and using the "down" arrow key. That didn't do anything. Then I tried [ALT + Up Arrow] and that didn't work either. Then, instead of just placing the cursor at the beginning of the line, I selected the line (line 2, as shown in the image) before pressing [ALT + Up Arrow] or [ALT + Down Arrow]. It still didn't work. I tried the preceding with both control boxes indicated in the image: the line spacing one, indicated by the green arrow on the left, and the baseline one, indicated by the other green arrow. I also tried substituting the Ctrl key for ALT, and even [Ctrl + ALT]. Nothing worked!

I must have misunderstood your reply.

EDIT: Eureeka! Placing the cursor inside the line, instead of at the beginning, did the trick.

[Image: uexOF7E.png]
You are making it too complicated, nothing like your procedures. 

Remember the Text Tool-Options affect the text globally, all the font style, colour, spacing. For individual text, select the text, then use the on canvas text tool to change font, colour spacings.

example: note the difference between positive and negative values.

Not sure whats going on but i can select a line with the Text Tool, hold down Alt use the down arrow key and get leading (which is reflected in the Text on Canvas Tool as in rich's example).
(08-11-2018, 11:40 AM)rich2005 Wrote: You are making it too complicated, nothing like your procedures. 

Remember the Text Tool-Options affect the text globally, all the font style, colour, spacing. For individual text, select the text, then use the on canvas text tool to change font, colour spacings.

example: note the difference between positive and negative values.

It's working now! For some weird reason, that wasn't working before.

Thanks very much.

(08-11-2018, 11:59 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: Not sure whats going on but i can select a line with the Text Tool, hold down Alt use the down arrow key and get leading.

Thanks. I was able to get it done.

Much appreciated.