Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letters with a blue shape
Hello everybody

Since I use Gimp 2.10.32 (with MacOS), I am discovering some disagreements.

The last one is when I use antialiasing on text. The letters earn a blue shape and loose the frank white.
Someone knows why ?
Thanks for your help.

Text with the old version of GIMP :
 [Image: RebelsBand800_2.png]

Text with the last version of Gimp :
[Image: RebelsBand800_22.png]
Old problem... which is supposedly fixed. This is due to sub-pixel rendering and is more noticeable with white text on a dark background.

The problem is is a dependent library (libcairo) which has been fixed since, but maybe your OSX version have been built with an outdated version of that library. So where dod you get your OSX version?

In the meantime a  work around is to use Layer > Text to path to obtain a path, and fill the path to on a new layer (and hide the initial text layer).

Thanks for your help and advice.
My OS X is 12.5 from Apple App Store.
(01-11-2023, 10:21 PM)DCDP Wrote: Thanks for your help and advice.
My OS X is 12.5 from Apple App Store.

I'm not wondering about your OS but about your Gimp. There are several different builds for OSX, each could have used a different version of the problem library. If you are using the one from Gimp.org then they have a reportable build bug, if it is from someone else then this should be reported to that someone, together with the link to the bug report in my previous post.
My Gimp version is from Gimp.org. It's 2.10.32 Revision 1.
The devs are on it: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/is...te_1640970
Thanks for this news.
Ok, the ball is in MacPorts's court: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/66785#ticket

Please have a thought for all the people that have been involved in fixing your problem Smile
I'm thinking about all the people that have been involved in fixing my problem night and day.  Wink Smile