Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logo display template
Is there any good Logo showcase template which we can use with GIMP ? I think there will be some good and free options. Thanks.
I don't know what a Logo showcase template is. Could you explain or give an example.
It is where you show the logo in real-life materials. On a shop board, in a book's cover, on a package etc

Attaching a few samples I got from Google

I don't think you will find a single template to do all logos. Each logo/background combination will have its own workflow. Not too difficult to do from scratch with the basic Gimp tools. You will need things like: Perspective Tool, Shadows, transparent cutouts, etc. Each of those are quite easy to do. Use lots of layers: one for the logo, one for the background, one for the shadows, etc.
Maybe it can help you to load photoshop .psd files in gimp. After the load, you have several layers. The colors of some items could be not as the original but you can convert the color. The text in not editable but you can type a new text over it and, if necessary, you can use the gimp transform tools to make the text like the one on the .psd file. I think this way of doing it create a learning curve for you to create you own templates. 
What I've used (free download):
https://365psd.com/psd/window-signage-mockup-56470

The result in gimp
- I've invert the black layer with the logo
- I've insert the .jpg background picture (was included in the download)
- I'v used the gradient tool to blur the left side of the logo

ps: I want to post my .xcf file and I get a 'file to big' error, so I made a screen dump.
There are some design blogs which offer logo showcase template in exchange for an email subscription. I thought there will be something available with the community here.
Quote:There are some design blogs which offer logo showcase template in exchange for an email subscription.

Yes, the curse of the internet. Everyone harvesting information and targeting advertisements. Use a throwaway email address, get a good ad blocker and if the site objects to that, go somewhere else.

You might find something at https://www.deviantart.com/clan-template...ing-logo-s if you trawl through it.

Quote:I thought there will be something available with the community here.

Not unless you want to make some to share with everyone Wink Although we are not really a graphics hosting site and those templates tend to large files.
(02-06-2020, 10:03 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Not unless you want to make some to share with everyone Wink Although we are not really a graphics hosting site and those templates tend to large files.

Smile

It is just that I like to think gimp-forum as my go to site for GIMP needs. I will find something from the internet, no problem.

If possible, I can make it available here too.