Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving content between existing layers
Theres still no screenshot so i cant tell you a better way.

Your image has probably no alpha channel. You add one by right clicking on the image. In the menu is an entry to add an alpha channel.
That should add transparency instead of the white you see now when you delete pixels.
(03-31-2018, 10:39 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: Theres still no screenshot so i cant tell you a better way.

Your image has probably no alpha channel. You add one by right clicking on the image. In the menu is an entry to add an alpha channel.
That should add transparency instead of the white you see now when you delete pixels.

Hi, I have attached a screen shot.
I really appreciate you helping me.
I thought that this would be straightforward.....
So what part do you want to move to another layer ?

Or do you just want to get rid of all the white so you can use the black bits as the screenprinting mask ?
(03-31-2018, 11:06 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: So what part do you want to move to another layer ?

The two sets of narrow lines in the top half of the image (under the big black shapes )- from layer 2 to layer 1  AND the bottom lines next to the cat on the right and left next to the cat, and the third line up the bottom on the right hand side from layer 2 to layer 1.

The part I was moving in the screen shot was just a test based on your advice.

Yes, the black bits as the screen printing mask.
As I am screen printing, the edges need to be really crisp and sharp.
Im not entirely sure i understand what you want to do, but maybe the problem is that your approach is not really optimal.
For example, you could get rid of all the white in one go by applying a colour to alpha with white (thats in the color menu).
Next duplicate the layer and erase everything you dont need.
Appears to be much easier, than making countless selections.

The only problem are the gray-ish patterns on the left.
Sorry. I was not clear. I am happy with the white.
I just want to move some of the black lines that are on layer 2 to layer 1 and vice versa.
And whats wrong with duplicating the layer and erasing the bits you dont want ?

Add alpha channel. Duplicate layer.
Turn lower layer off.
Erase away (possibly with the help of selections).
Yes, I think that might be the best solution. So take the original image - create a duplicate and delete off the bits from both that I don't want. Would I use the eraser tool for this?

I will give it a try. Thanks for your help again and enjoy your Saturday!
To keep things simple, i think, thats the way you should do it.
Or the delete key when you have an active selection.
(03-31-2018, 10:36 AM)willip4 Wrote: I am trying to create an image I can silk screen print and ultimately just need two layer that I can print out and screen print.

My wife used to silk screening. She still has the screens. The last one was on 31 December. Our son needed a T shirt for that evening.

Attached Files Image(s)