Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Align not working for paths?
Hello!
Under my previous Gimp (2.8) I could select both paths and layers for alignment--but under Gimp10, the alignment selector seems to bypass visible paths. 
This loss of functionality, is by design? Or am I missing something? (besides a tool I liked...)
Thanks!
It works for me (in both versions).
Did you click the path with the Alignment Tool before using the alignment buttons ?
(11-05-2018, 11:19 PM)Espermaschine Wrote: It works for me (in both versions).
Did you click the path with the Alignment Tool before using the alignment buttons ?
I looked for it--no soap, as can be see in the attachment

Could the icons go into the void following Align (the bold one)?
If so--can somebody, please, recommend a combination of Theme/Icons optimal for visibility under Windows7?
-- I had to bar the default (dark) theme to recover most options in plugins--i.e., 'Simple Bilateral' and 'Multireplicate' (new version of the old 'Clone Layer') didn't show well.
-- Then, I switched to color icons because I couldn't distinguish among the monochrome ones on the light background, and inverting them made my eyes ache--yes, I am old, and with some eyesight trouble.
-- And now, it seems that I have lost some further functionality through missing/invisible icons...
As there are many combinations to try, and not all the tools show at the same time, any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!
After further testing, and being still unable of selecting paths to align to 'First item' or 'Page', I tried the following:
- switch user to an account with raised privileges (used for installing)
- tried the same above... still not working
- switched align to 'Active path' and ... Lo and behold! I was suddenly able to pick paths for alignment, even to 'First item', or after switching back to my normal, user account...
???!!!
Next time I find an expected  feature not working, I shall try the same, and cross my fingers  Smile