Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not photoshopped at all
I have had this thing as my screenlocker image for a couple of weeks now (seems to be a standard Windows10 image), and I just noticed how heavily photoshopped it was.

I was once curious about how these images would appear on the PC if I hadn't downloaded them.   Huh

So I researched, and discovered the folder in Win that stored them, and there were several of them, repeated in different formats.
All of them could be found on walpaper sites, at least the ones I searched for.

Nowadays it is more difficult to find natural photos, without retouching or editing than the other way around.
(03-11-2021, 02:12 PM)Krikor Wrote: I was once curious about how these images would appear on the PC if I hadn't downloaded them.   Huh

So I researched, and discovered the folder in Win that stored them, and there were several of them, repeated in different formats.

Nowadays it is more difficult to find natural photos, without retouching or editing than the other way around.

This has always been that way. Paintings were lying a lot and very early photos were retouched.

Exhibit A: my grandfather, picture taken about a century ago (1920s). If you look closely, there are pencil strokes on the temples to mitigate their whitening and make him look a tad younger (he was a bit under 50 at the time).

Exhibit B: the AI-reconstructed portrait of Georges Danton, a leader of the French revolution, using know paintings. IRL, Danton had scars from smallpox, a broken nose, and a distorted upper left lip. But the AI didn't see them in the portraits.... 

(03-11-2021, 03:03 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Exhibit B: the AI-reconstructed portrait of Georges Danton, a leader of the French revolution, using know paintings. IRL, Danton had scars from smallpox, a broken nose, and a distorted upper left lip. But the AI didn't see them in the portraits....

Not to mention that AI has rendered a completely unrecognizable photo of Danton; it's hard to even see a resemblance.  AI is certainly the future, but it still has a long way to go.  Remove backgrounds, which also uses AI, is amazing many times. Other times, it will botch a photo so badly you can't really figure out how it got it so wrong.

I'm not quite sure they gave the program the right image to alter; this guy was Danton.  Smile

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thefamouspeople.com...f=1&nofb=1]
(04-19-2021, 06:02 AM)CtrlAltDel Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 03:03 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Exhibit B: the AI-reconstructed portrait of Georges Danton, a leader of the French revolution, using know paintings. IRL, Danton had scars from smallpox, a broken nose, and a distorted upper left lip. But the AI didn't see them in the portraits....

Not to mention that AI has rendered a completely unrecognizable photo of Danton; it's hard to even see a resemblance.  AI is certainly the future, but it still has a long way to go.  Remove backgrounds, which also uses AI, is amazing many times. Other times, it will botch a photo so badly you can't really figure out how it got it so wrong.

I'm not quite sure they gave the program the right image to alter; this guy was Danton.  Smile

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thefamouspeople.com...f=1&nofb=1]

This guy is one picture of Danton.

This is the one in Wikipedia:

[Image: Anonyme_-_Portrait_de_Georges_Danton_%28...et_-_4.jpg]

The AI reconstructed Danton's likely appearance by looking at several portraits.
(04-19-2021, 11:36 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: The AI reconstructed Danton's likely appearance by looking at several portraits.

Right.  I can't wait for them to see if they can gather a few portraits of Elvis Presley and see what they can generate.  Likely result:

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.istockphoto.com%2...f=1&nofb=1]
More like young Billy Gibbons...
(04-19-2021, 05:27 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: More like young Billy Gibbons...

[Image: mMdAlWI.jpg]
(03-11-2021, 02:12 PM)Krikor Wrote: I was once curious about how these images would appear on the PC if I hadn't downloaded them.   Huh

1. First, open your computer. Search File Explorer. Click Options.
  2. Second, a folder that you are looking for will appear immediately.
  3. Third, click the View tab. Choose the “show hidden files, folders and drives’. Then, click Apply.
  4. After that, you have to go to This PC, select Local Disk C, click users > Appdata > local > packages > Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy > LocalState. Then, click Assets.
  5. In this step, you must copy the most recent large files to another folder.
  6. Then, rename the files and add the files suffix .jpg in the end of file names.
  7. Finally, you can see the images of Windows 10 Spotlight in any image editor on your computer