Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paint tool only stays shape of two pointed pencil
HELP! I'm using GIMP 2.10.34 on my Mac Book Pro.(Ventura 3.0) This problem started 3 days ago. The paint brush tool stays in the shape of a thin pencil with a point on each end. I want it to go to the round dot pattern but it won't change. I reset GIMP in the preferences window manager, and also the reset button but it didn't work. I downloaded a new version of GIMP 2.10.34 (Revision 1) and still have same problem. I have toggled every drawing tool as well. Is there a later version I should try?
Check the "aspect ratio" in the brush tool options, and make sure there are no "dynamics":

If you can't find the brush options, maybe you lost them.  See here to restore the very useful Tool options dialog.

Reinstalling Gimp rarely fixes things since the user profile is kept across reinstallations. In case of dire problems you can erase/rename it to make Gimp recreate a new one, but there are usually better ways to fix things.

To make sure that Gimp always starts with sane options and window positions, see here.
(05-16-2023, 08:51 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Check the "aspect ratio" in the brush tool options, and make sure there are no "dynamics":

If you can't find the brush options, maybe you lost them.  See here to restore the very useful Tool options dialog.

Reinstalling Gimp rarely fixes things since the user profile is kept across reinstallations. In case of dire problems you can erase/rename it to make Gimp recreate a new one, but there are usually better ways to fix things.

To make sure that Gimp always starts with sane options and window positions, see here.

Thank you so much. It worked. You are a Wizard, A True Gimp Star
(05-17-2023, 07:14 PM)Yankeedoodle30 Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 08:51 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Check the "aspect ratio" in the brush tool options, and make sure there are no "dynamics":

Thank you so much. It worked. You are a Wizard, A True Gimp Star

I assume this was the aspect ratio ?