Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pasting text or a link in a reply
Whenever I attach a link using the attachments section or paste some text from a .txt file, or just type here and hit preview, I get an extra wall of text that starts with translations and many different languages plus a lot of other text. Why is this happening and how to overcome it? 
TRANSLATE with  x
 English
Arabic
Hebrew
Polish
Bulgarian
Hindi
Portuguese
Catalan
Hmong Daw
Romanian
Chinese Simplified
Hungarian
Russian
Chinese Traditional
Indonesian
Slovak
Czech
Italian
Slovenian
Danish
Japanese
Spanish
Dutch
Klingon
Swedish
English
Korean
Thai
Estonian
Latvian
Turkish
Finnish
Lithuanian
Ukrainian
French
Malay
Urdu
German
Maltese
Vietnamese
Greek
Norwegian
Welsh
Haitian Creole
Persian

var LanguageMenu; var LanguageMenu_keys=["ar","bg","ca","zh-CHS","zh-CHT","cs","da","nl","en","et","fi","fr","de","el","ht","he","hi","mww","hu","id","it","ja","tlh","ko","lv","lt","ms","mt","no","fa","pl","pt","ro","ru","sk","sl","es","sv","th","tr","uk","ur","vi","cy"]; var LanguageMenu_values=["Arabic","Bulgarian","Catalan","Chinese Simplified","Chinese Traditional","Czech","Danish","Dutch","English","Estonian","Finnish","French","German","Greek","Haitian Creole","Hebrew","Hindi","Hmong Daw","Hungarian","Indonesian","Italian","Japanese","Klingon","Korean","Latvian","Lithuanian","Malay","Maltese","Norwegian","Persian","Polish","Portuguese","Romanian","Russian","Slovak","Slovenian","Spanish","Swedish","Thai","Turkish","Ukrainian","Urdu","Vietnamese","Welsh"]; var LanguageMenu_callback=function(){ }; var LanguageMenu_popupid='__LanguageMenu_popup';
[/url]

TRANSLATE with
COPY THE URL BELOW

Back

EMBED THE SNIPPET BELOW IN YOUR SITE

Enable collaborative features and customize widget: Bing Webmaster Portal
Back
var intervalId = setInterval(function () { if (MtPopUpList) { LanguageMenu = new MtPopUpList(); var langMenu = document.getElementById(LanguageMenu_popupid); var origLangDiv = document.createElement("div"); origLangDiv.id = "OriginalLanguageDiv"; origLangDiv.innerHTML = "<span id='OriginalTextSpan'>ORIGINAL: </span><span id='OriginalLanguageSpan'></span>"; langMenu.appendChild(origLangDiv); LanguageMenu.Init('LanguageMenu', LanguageMenu_keys, LanguageMenu_values, LanguageMenu_callback, LanguageMenu_popupid); window["LanguageMenu"] = LanguageMenu; clearInterval(intervalId); } }, 1);
TRANSLATE with x
English
[url=#ar]Arabic
Hebrew
Polish
Bulgarian
Hindi
Portuguese
Catalan
Hmong Daw
Romanian
Chinese Simplified
Hungarian
Russian
Chinese Traditional
Indonesian
Slovak
Czech
Italian
Slovenian
Danish
Japanese
Spanish
Dutch
Klingon
Swedish
English
Korean
Thai
Estonian
Latvian
Turkish
Finnish
Lithuanian
Ukrainian
French
Malay
Urdu
German
Maltese
Vietnamese
Greek
Norwegian
Welsh
Haitian Creole
Persian

var LanguageMenu; var LanguageMenu_keys=["ar","bg","ca","zh-CHS","zh-CHT","cs","da","nl","en","et","fi","fr","de","el","ht","he","hi","mww","hu","id","it","ja","tlh","ko","lv","lt","ms","mt","no","fa","pl","pt","ro","ru","sk","sl","es","sv","th","tr","uk","ur","vi","cy"]; var LanguageMenu_values=["Arabic","Bulgarian","Catalan","Chinese Simplified","Chinese Traditional","Czech","Danish","Dutch","English","Estonian","Finnish","French","German","Greek","Haitian Creole","Hebrew","Hindi","Hmong Daw","Hungarian","Indonesian","Italian","Japanese","Klingon","Korean","Latvian","Lithuanian","Malay","Maltese","Norwegian","Persian","Polish","Portuguese","Romanian","Russian","Slovak","Slovenian","Spanish","Swedish","Thai","Turkish","Ukrainian","Urdu","Vietnamese","Welsh"]; var LanguageMenu_callback=function(){ }; var LanguageMenu_popupid='__LanguageMenu_popup';
[/url] [url=javascript:Microsoft.Translator.FloaterShowSharePanel()]

TRANSLATE with
COPY THE URL BELOW

Back

EMBED THE SNIPPET BELOW IN YOUR SITE

Enable collaborative features and customize widget: Bing Webmaster Portal
Back
var intervalId = setInterval(function () { if (MtPopUpList) { LanguageMenu = new MtPopUpList(); var langMenu = document.getElementById(LanguageMenu_popupid); var origLangDiv = document.createElement("div"); origLangDiv.id = "OriginalLanguageDiv"; origLangDiv.innerHTML = "<span id='OriginalTextSpan'>ORIGINAL: </span><span id='OriginalLanguageSpan'></span>"; langMenu.appendChild(origLangDiv); LanguageMenu.Init('LanguageMenu', LanguageMenu_keys, LanguageMenu_values, LanguageMenu_callback, LanguageMenu_popupid); window["LanguageMenu"] = LanguageMenu; clearInterval(intervalId); } }, 1);
Possibly added by your browser (or whatever application from which you copied). There is no such code in the Gimp-Forum server code. When you select something on a web page, you can unknowingly include a whole "division". Paste the text in a text editor before pasting it here to see what you really copied to your keyboard.

Also, the mere presence of a Bing reference hints that this is likely some Microsoftism.
I just typed a response that said I later noticed it happens when just typing. And just now I previewed it and it was there. So I backed out, then back in, and will see what happens if I don't preview it. I am using windows 11, 64-bit.
(10-22-2022, 10:19 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Possibly added by your browser (or whatever application from which you copied). There is no such code in the Gimp-Forum server code. When you select something on a web page, you can unknowingly include a whole "division". Paste the text in a text editor before pasting it here to see what you really copied to your keyboard.

Also, the mere presence of a Bing reference hints that this is likely some Microsoftism.

I concur with Ofnuts, All the things you've copy/pasted have nothing to do with the forum, it's all about your clipboard on Windows and your browser

(10-23-2022, 02:15 AM)grits Wrote: I just typed a response that said I later noticed it happens when just typing. And just now I previewed it and it was there. So I backed out, then back in, and will see what happens if I don't preview it. I am using windows 11, 64-bit.

Is your browser the Microsoft's "Edge"...?
If so and as Ofnuts said (presence of a Bing reference hints that this is likely some Microsoftism), I would recommend to try a more neutral browser like Firefox ➤ https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Note: don't get fooled by Microsoft Bing/Edge if you're searching for another browser by yourself using Edge, with its "There is no need to download a new browser" written in big in the search result https://www.ubergizmo.com/2021/12/micros...le-chrome/

Again, all come from how you've selected (too much) and how Windows/Edge handle your clipboard, or why not your setting in Edge... (the later one is too optimistic IMO)
I was using Brave with the search engine Bing, since they pay me. I changed the search engine to Brave, and it didn't make a difference.
The only other thing is that I have Grammerly installed as a Chrome and Brave app.

I am now trying Chrome, with search engine set to Chrome. We will see...

Edit: Okay, that worked.

Now to see if the edit works.

Edit 2: I went to the post I have been trying to reply to in the same browser & search engine, and posted a reply with an attached .txt file (a script) and had the same issue. I'd really like to post the script, but see no way around this error unless I can forward it to someone that has answered me here and then they can post it. It is the postcard script from 2010 by Howard Roberts.
Some sort of translation option kicking in ? I can maybe understand select/copy/paste from a web browser with Windows Cloud data slurping. Have you tried Ctrl - Shift - V as the alternative paste-without-formatting ? or a utility such as https://stevemiller.net/puretext/

Quote:....or paste some text from a .txt file...

How are you making the txt file ? Can you zip and attach it ? It might give a clue.

Back to Gimp matters.

Quote:...the postcard script from 2010 by Howard Roberts..

That one beat me, not able to find it Wink Can you post a link to it. What is wrong with it ?
@Rich
I found a copy of it.
You can download it from my pcloud here
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=...9gzBDLh71X