Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plug-in missing
The 'follow-path5.py' plug-in, used it in GIMP 2.10.22 the other day, no issues... today it's not even showing there, i.e. Vectors ➤ Tools ➤ Follow Path
It's definitely in the plug-ins folder (App Data\Roaming..) and the folder preferences are pointing to the correct directories so... ??
Any ideas ('cos I'm stumped!)
Thanks.
Is it present in the pluginrc file (a sibling of the plug-ins folder)? Is you python support still OK (Filters ➤ Python-fu present)?
Is this the two part plugin,  (follow-path5.py + gimpfu3.py) or the tweaked single file follow-path5.py ? 

Using a basic Win10 VM and a new install Gimp 2.10.24 (follow-path5.py + gimpfu3.py) does not show in the paths dock, while the single file version follow-path5.py does show and works (sort of) 

The preview does not preview and generates lots of error messages which can be annoying.

Otherwise, I do not know. The usual question, was working before, not working now, what changed ?
(04-23-2021, 12:16 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Is it present in the pluginrc file (a sibling of the plug-ins folder)? Is you python support still OK (Filters ➤ Python-fu present)?

No, now that I just checked, can't find it in pluginrc, but python support is still there, yes.
@rich - it's the 'follow-path5.py + gimpfu3.py' version, both files are in the correct folder, nothing changed as far as I can recall...
so, I assume it may have to do with the pluginrc file Ofnuts mentioned?
Quote:...so, I assume it may have to do with the pluginrc file Ofnuts mentioned?

No..although it never does any harm to delete that file and let Gimp create a new one when Gimp is started.

Quote:..it's the 'follow-path5.py + gimpfu3.py' version, both files are in the correct folder, nothing changed as far as I can recall...

It is that version (follow-path5.py + gimpfu3.py) that is the problem. Remove it, both files, and use the single file follow-path5.py attached.

Since the preview no longer works and generates errors also attached as an alternative is the earlier follow-path3.py (also tweaked to remove the troublesome gimpfu.py  dependency). That version looks like this, functionality is much the same as version 5.

Attached Files
.zip   follow-path5.zip (Size: 12.24 KB / Downloads: 144)
.zip   follow-path3.zip (Size: 8.45 KB / Downloads: 128)
" It is that version (follow-path5.py + gimpfu3.py) that is the problem. Remove it, both files, and use the single file follow-path5.py attached.

Since the preview no longer works and generates errors also attached as an alternative is the earlier follow-path3.py (also tweaked to remove the troublesome gimpfu.py dependency). That version looks like this, functionality is much the same as version 5. "

Thanks but I'm still not sure why that happened, like I said nothing changed that I know of, I was using the version (follow-path5.py + gimpfu3.py) - and it looked just like your first screenshot and I also had no preview problems (as long as I had clicked the up/down arrow on 'Copies') - so quite bizarre I must say.
Almost as bizarre as this pleasant weather lol.. anyway thanks again, I'll let you know how I get on. Smile
Well anyway, seven months later... I'm using 2.10.28 from the main site and both follow-path's (when tested seperately along with gimpfu3.py) work pretty well (apart from no preview and error messages in 'folow-path5'), without gimpfu3 and both act up!
Cheers!