Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preference for "Save to Channel" command Channel Color
Is it possible to change the color of the Channel created using the "Save to Channel" command?

I found a setting in the file gimprc that controls the color of the Channel created using the command New Channel but it does not work to the "save to channel" command.

(channel-new-color (color-rgba 0 0.8 0.1 0.4))

Thanks
E
Channel is a generic term for something which 1) is one value per pixel (ie, grayscale) and 2) has the same size as the canvas.  It is not one of the RGB channels, which are "virtual" anyway, since they are the result of the composition of all the layers.

Since its for a script, what are you trying to do? Are you trying to set/isolate one of the color channels? If so on what layer?
(02-03-2022, 03:33 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Channel is a generic term for something which 1) is one value per pixel (ie, grayscale) and 2) has the same size as the canvas.  It is not one of the RGB channels, which are "virtual" anyway, since they are the result of the composition of all the layers.

Since its for a script, what are you trying to do? Are you trying to set/isolate one of the color channels? If so on what layer?

Thanks. Just as we can change the color for the quick mask, I wanted to be able to visualize the channel so edit it and then use it for selection.

You can set the color after saving the channel: right-click ➤ Color tag.
(02-03-2022, 05:38 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: You can set the color after saving the channel: right-click ➤ Color tag.

Yes, I can do it manually.  I want to know if there's a way I can set the default color, which currently is 0,0,0,0.5 - so I don't need to manually enter each channel end edit.

Also, it is not the color tag, but the channel color itself, which is the fill opacity and the color on the image I attached before