Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with offset text
Hello,

Novice user here looking for guidance from more experienced users!

I've got a problem whereby text always seems to be offset, and I don't know how to stop this happening! See the attached image for a bit more guidance on my issue.

Any help is really appreciated!

Cheers,

Kurt
A question: Are you using any Carriage Returns (Enter) in your text, or is it one long paragraph with no Carriage Returns?

A comment: In the Tool Options you have set Justify to Centered. To use the whole width you need Filled (Justified). But Filled won't look right with text lines that are so short.
(03-15-2019, 12:44 PM)Blighty Wrote: A question: Are you using any Carriage Returns (Enter) in your text, or is it one long paragraph with no Carriage Returns?

A comment: In the Tool Options you have set Justify to Centered. To use the whole width you need Filled (Justified). But Filled won't look right with text lines that are so short.

Hi Blighty, thanks for your response.

Question response: The example I've attached in the original post does not use carriage returns, but the issue still occurs if I do use carriage returns.

Comment response: Yes, understood. My original phrasing was bad. I'm trying to centre the text to the text box, but as you can see, this is not possible with the issue previously described. I've attached an image showing what happens if I use "justify", just for additional information more than anything else.

Cheers,

Kurt
Please give your platform (Windows / Mac / linux) and version of Gimp

However, That looks like it might be Gimp 2.8 and definitely looks like the resolutions are screwed up. Sans size 100 should never look like that.

More details of image / editing required.
(03-15-2019, 01:03 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Please give your platform (Windows / Mac / linux) and version of Gimp

However, That looks like it might be Gimp 2.8 and definitely looks like the resolutions are screwed up. Sans size 100 should never look like that.

More details of image / editing required.

Hi Rich,

I'm on Windows, using Gimp 2.8.22.

Please see attached image of image properties. Apologies if this is going to result in user error, as per original post, I'm a bit of a novice!

Thanks in advance,

Kurt
Thats great, thanks.

This to show the difference. Same size canvas, I rounded the resolutions off. Text center-ing working / not-working.

The real question is what do you need to do with the original image to resize it, or did it come with those resolutions in place. Some old games screenshots will do that.
(03-15-2019, 01:57 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Thats great, thanks.

This to show the difference. Same size canvas, I rounded the resolutions off. Text center-ing working / not-working.

The real question is what do you need to do with the original image to resize it, or did it come with those resolutions in place. Some old games screenshots will do that.

Thanks for this Rich,

It looks like I've messed about with the "print size" and "resolution". Amending them to a "square" n*n resolution (as opposed to n*r) seems to have fixed the issue.

As I suspected, user error Wink

Thanks all,

Kurt