Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QR
It's always funny to insert messages in a drawing. A QR code can do the job. Make one and import it as a svg in gimp. One can find many QR code generators on the internet and this is one of them :
https://online-barcode-generator.net

Find the message (or is Wilber behind a Shoji ?)

(02-11-2021, 11:00 AM)denzjos Wrote: It's always funny to insert messages in a drawing. A QR code can do the job. Make one and import it as a svg in gimp. One can find many QR code generators on the internet and this is one of them :
https://online-barcode-generator.net

Find the message (or is Wilber behind a Shoji ?)

My Android scanner doesn't recognize the Wilber one. AFAIK the squares must be filled.

Otherwise there is a qrencode FOSS utility, available on Linux of course but there should be Windows builds.
Filling the squares is just a job for the one who want to know what the message say. It's just an example for what's possible when one is thinking out of the box (for games, etc...). When one want to load the generated QR code with filled squares then one can load the svg file instantly in gimp.
(02-12-2021, 09:46 AM)denzjos Wrote: Filling the squares is just a job for the one who want to know what the message say. It's just an example for what's possible when one is thinking out of the box (for games, etc...). When one want to load the generated QR code with filled squares then one can load the svg file instantly in gimp.

If you do a QR code you expect others to read it. If it's only for decorative purposes you can make random squares Smile
Interestingly, I never learned much about the functionality of these QR codes, although I suspect they are quite useful.
The website of the link in the first post proved to be very useful. I took advantage and installed a QR Code App and I'm testing it now.

Thx Denzjos
On computers, they are about useless, because you can put a plain URL or a plain text. Their main purpose is to be printed and displayed in a public place.

For instance I used that to post the URL of the local recycling centre in the trashbin space in my complex.

In 20 years from now they could be replaced by reliable OCR.