Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resynthesize not appearing in menu
(01-26-2021, 10:42 PM)rickk Wrote: Thanks for your insight.  I guess my problem is really more in the realm of Debian and Python.  Having just googled "Gimp-Python Package",. I have a hard time believing that enough people find dealing with that sort of thing to be "fun",  to the extent that it is tolerated. But I guess I am getting old.

Not that I am 100% opposed  to learning the  nuts and bolts of Python, but when the first chapter doesn't start "getting gimp to work with  your distro"... I tend to find other priorities more pressing. Dodgy

Perhaps I'm the oddball, but I always felt like one of the big plusses to installing Linux, was the bundled inclusion of gimp. If as you say the newer distros are including only  Python3, and Python3 doesn't support gimp at all......this might be like the end of an era.

Actually the next version of Gimp (Gimp 3.0) will support Python 3. But in a way that makes current Python scripts obsolete Smile
(01-27-2021, 07:24 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Actually the next version of Gimp (Gimp 3.0) will support Python 3. But in a way that makes current Python scripts obsolete Smile

I guess you're saying that now is the time to learn python3, in anticipation of all the legacy plugins that won't be updated by the original creators?