Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resynthesizer plug-in for 2.99
The Resynthesizer plug-in doesn't seem to work for GIMP 2.99.13 - if it ever worked for any development version (probably not). Just wondering if there is a way to get it to work, or another version I've missed out on. I only require it for the Heal Selection/Transparency filters.
Any help much appreciated!
I do not know any option other than GIMP-ML that works with 2.99.
(09-15-2022, 11:39 AM)Zero01 Wrote: The Resynthesizer plug-in doesn't seem to work for GIMP 2.99.13 - if it ever worked for any development version (probably not). Just wondering if there is a way to get it to work, or another version I've missed out on. I only require it for the Heal Selection/Transparency filters.
Any help much appreciated!

No, not yet (if ever) 

The compiled parts, resynthesizer / resynthesizer-gui need to be compiled with the Gimp 2.99 developer packages. (and probably re-written)

The python plugins (which depend on resynthesizer) will need re-writing for python 3
It doesn't even work for Gimp 2.10.x and this is a shame actually!
(10-21-2023, 02:27 PM)giutor Wrote: It doesn't even work for Gimp 2.10.x and this is a shame actually!

Well, this is your other post on the same subject. https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Can-t-...mp-2-10-34

..and I assure you that I use resynthesizer with both kubuntu 20.04 and kubuntu 22.04 So any problem is with your Debian installation and whichever way you have installed resynthesizer + python 2.7 for those heal...py plugins.

If you are really stuck, then install a flatpak Gimp 2.10 followed by the flatpak resynthesizer package.

If you have migrated to Gimp 2.99 then you will have to do without Wink
For me (manjaro) resynthetizer needs Python 2.
Installed it (no conflict with python 3) and it works !