Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rotate tool in 2.10 blurring layers
Quote:..Again, new to this, so I have no idea if there are any other details needed to understand the situation.

Anti-aliasing (AA) Bitmap (raster) graphic editing applications use rectangular pixels to form the image. For non vertical / horizontal or curves semi-transparent pixels are used to give an impression of smoothness. When you use scaling or rotation then AA is introduced according to the operation. Most noticeable when there are horizontal or vertical lines which initially do not require AA.
(Edit: Also small graphics such as small text in a larger image, the graphic tends to get 'swamped' by the anti aliasing. The best way is make the text a path, rotate the path, and put the path back to a graphic. )

Quote: Each time I rotate a layer it becomes more blurred. The amount I rotate does not seem to affect how much it blurs.

Each rotation can introduce more AA but if you complete the adjustment before closing the tool , rotate or unified-transform that limits the interpolation to one operation. For scaling and rotating try and use the unified-transform tool for an all-in-one operation.

The applicable interpolation for rotating a large image, none or not much scaling are cubic or no-halo. I can not see much difference, I prefer no-halo but my choice. This a short comparison between the two finishing off with interpolation none, showing why you need AA. https://i.imgur.com/qzDuemy.mp4