Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rounding corners of a straight-edge path
Can't seem to find this after I installed it.  Put it in both 
C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins 
when that didn't work I also put it in 
C:\Users\dave\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins
as per GIMP instructions.

Restarted Gimp.  Not there.  Verified file is there, verified Gimp was unloaded, then restarted Gimp again.

In the Tools menu there is no "Modify Path".  There is only a "Path", when selected just displays the Path options in the left side of screen (if not already displayed), nothing about "Round path corners".  Right-clicked on my path to get to the Tools menu ... same thing.  No "Modify Path".  So I right-click the shape in the Toolbox on the right side of screen, there is an "Edit Path", but no "Modify Path".  "Edit Path" does nothing.

see screenshot
https://drive.google.com/file/d/138j16Bx...sp=sharing
Your screenshot looks more like a selection than anything else.

Providing the plugin is correctly installed, it shows in the path context menu. The place for your plugins is C:\Users\dave\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

Right click on the path in the paths dock, look at the bottom for Tools -> Modify Path -> Round CornersThis with Win 10 / Gimp 2.10.34

That brings up the dialog.

Edit: It downloads as a zip. You did unzip to get the file round_path_corners.py
As rich mentioned :

Big Grin 
There it is!  Thanks!  I pulled up that same menu, saw the "Edit Paths" at the top and I think I must've stopped looking after that.

Thanks a ton ... it worked wonderfully! rich2005 and denzjos .. You're both, each of you, a scholar and a gentleman!