Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selection from Path not working
Hi there, I’m very new to Gimp, have only been using it for 2 days. So, I have this one image of a subject and a green screen background, I’m pretty used to separating things from the background with the pen tool in Photoshop then I convert to selection and voilà. But here I have my selection ready and when I click on Selection from Path nothing happens, yes I’m on Design mode, I’ve tried quitting and re-opening gimp, happens every time Sad

Any idea how to fix this?
(02-23-2021, 09:21 PM)myeyeballsfeellikeboiledeggs Wrote: Hi there, I’m very new to Gimp, have only been using it for 2 days. So, I have this one image of a subject and a green screen background, I’m pretty used to separating things from the background with the pen tool in Photoshop then I convert to selection and voilà. But here I have my selection ready and when I click on Selection from Path nothing happens, yes I’m on Design mode, I’ve tried quitting and re-opening gimp, happens every time Sad

Maybe it is just that the created selection is not visible (see View>Show selection, or hit Ctrl-T to toggle its visibility).
(02-23-2021, 09:29 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 09:21 PM)myeyeballsfeellikeboiledeggs Wrote: Hi there, I’m very new to Gimp, have only been using it for 2 days. So, I have this one image of a subject and a green screen background, I’m pretty used to separating things from the background with the pen tool in Photoshop then I convert to selection and voilà. But here I have my selection ready and when I click on Selection from Path nothing happens, yes I’m on Design mode, I’ve tried quitting and re-opening gimp, happens every time Sad

Maybe it is just that the created selection is not visible (see View>Show selection, or hit Ctrl-T to toggle its visibility).
Unfortunately I tried that too and it isn’t working either :/
You are probably experiencing this issue: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/5952 where the selection isn't visible.