Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharpen does not work
Hi

after several controls, sharpen does not seem to work with Gimp 2.10, windows 10

thanks for help
Can you describe more in detail what you do, and what you mean by "does not seem to work"?
(09-20-2018, 08:17 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Can you describe more in detail what you do, and what you mean by "does not seem to work"?

well, thanks for having paid attention

I'm really really not an expert and to make a picture more clear, I used under Gimp 9.x to put "radius " to zero, "amount" to a certain level and "threshold" to zero and I had a "good" result for me Blush

here with same settings nothing occurs
Radius to 0 will not do anything... If it did something in 2.9 it must have been a bug. To quote the doc of Unsharp Mask in 2.8:

Quote:The slider and input boxes (0.1-120) allow you to set how many pixels on either side of an edge will be affected by sharpening

In practice you won't see any effect until the width is at least half a pixel (radius of .25) and with that value the effect is rather subtle.
(09-21-2018, 03:39 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Radius to 0 will not do anything... If it did something in 2.9 it must have been a bug. To quote the doc of Unsharp Mask in 2.8:

Quote:The slider and input boxes (0.1-120) allow you to set how many pixels on either side of an edge will be affected by sharpening

In practice you won't see any effect until the width is at least half a pixel (radius of .25) and with that value the effect is rather subtle.

Ah ok, Thanks a lot Shy