Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some plugins not working
2. Difference of Gaussians (legacy) blank canvas stays

Same as Ofnuts, works ok here. How many layers ? are you using a layer mode ? For example lighten only layer on top of a white layer = blank.
Is it anything like this ? http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17848 the solution there was use the old Gimp 2.8 version of DoG. If you need a linux 64 bit Gimp 2.8 version I get one of those.
Please see this

[Image: GUGSoDf.gif]

Thanks for the demo @ofnuts. I mistook you for @rich2005
Interesting Wink Is this using your Fedora 34 Live installation.
No, Ubuntu 20.04. But I think the same happened when I tried Fedora Live USB.

Edit : it happens with 2.10.23 AppImage as well.
OK, I think I have it. Try again with an image and no alpha channel.

There is an option in Edit -> Preferences -> Image Import & Export Tick box for Add an alpha channel to imported images. Maybe that got enabled sometime.
The box was unticked. I tried " ticking " it and repeated the process which resulted in the same error.

Then I tried " Reset " for all Preferences. I do not know whether it is permanent, but this time Gaussians worked.

The only change is that this time I used the Fedora 34 default wallpaper.

Update :

The Fedora 34 wallpaper is JPG and the earlier image was PNG, which failed again now.
Quote:The box was unticked. I tried " ticking " it and repeated the process which resulted in the same error.

Leave it unticked. Not the way to remove an alpha channel. It just does what it says, automatically adds one when an image is imported.

Remove an alpha channel using Layer -> Transparency -> Remove Alpha Channel (also a right click on a layer context menu)

The jpeg works because a jpgs' do not support transparency.

You can also tell from the layer name bold type = no alpha channel   regular type = has an alpha channel.

There is that as an animation: https://i.imgur.com/RJ9m4af.mp4
Works perfectly. Thanks Smile
OTOH why do you stick to the legacy version? What is wrong with the GEGL version (except that you may have to do a Color ➤ Invert on the result)?