Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Source Code for all my GEGL Filters
Gegl 
This is the same as content found on the page https://github.com/LinuxBeaver/

It is the source code to over thirty GEGL Plugins I have made.  I recommend going to Github to get them but having all the code in one place is also a good idea. 

Instruction here to compile for both Linux and Windows.
---------------

OS specific location to put GEGL Filter binaries
Windows C:\Users<YOUR NAME>\AppData\Local\gegl-0.4\plug-ins

Linux /home/(USERNAME)/.local/share/gegl-0.4/plug-ins

Linux (Flatpak) /home/(USERNAME)/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/data/gegl-0.4/plug-ins
[/url]
Compiling and Installing
[url=https://github.com/LinuxBeaver/GEGL-Effects---Layer-Effects-in-Gimp-using-GEGL#linux]

Linux
To compile and install you will need the GEGL header files (
Code:
libgegl-dev
on Debian based distributions or
Code:
gegl
on Arch Linux) and meson (
Code:
meson

on most distributions).
meson setup --buildtype=release build
ninja -C build

Windows
The easiest way to compile this project on Windows is by using msys2. Download and install it from here: https://www.msys2.org/
Open a msys2 terminal with
Code:
C:\msys64\mingw64.exe
. Run the following to install required build dependencies:
pacman --noconfirm -S base-devel mingw-w64-x86_64-toolchain mingw-w64-x86_64-meson mingw-w64-x86_64-gegl
Then build the same way you would on Linux:
ninja -C build

Attached Files
.zip   source_code_of_all_beavrs_filters_march_2023_update.zip (Size: 357.16 KB / Downloads: 111)
Installed in windows 10 and got stuck with this error :

(03-09-2023, 07:22 PM)denzjos Wrote: Installed in windows 10 and got stuck with this error :

You need to go into the 'Source_code_of_GEGL_Filters' directory, then the folder for each effect - then into the 'build' folder in those folders, and do that command there.

or a bash script:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# Set the base directory where the folders containing the source code are located
base_dir=/path/to/source/code

# Loop through all the folders in the base directory
for folder in "$base_dir"/*; do
   if [ -d "$folder" ]; then
       # If the current item in the loop is a directory, go into it and run the commands
       cd "$folder"
       ninja -C build
       # After running the commands, go back to the base directory
       cd "$base_dir"
   fi
done

To use this script, save it in a file with a .sh or .bash extension (e.g. compile_script.sh), make it executable with the command:
chmod +x compile_script.sh, and then run it with the command ./compile_script.sh. Make sure to replace /path/to/source/code with the actual path to the directory (probably 'Source_code_of_GEGL_Filters') containing the folders with the source code.

And an easy way to then move the .dll's to the gegl directory is go to the parent folder and type in the search bar of windows explorer: ext:.dll - and it should list them out so you can copy/paste or drag them over to the gegl folder.
@Zero01, thanks for the reply. I used DOS commands to change directory, but that did'nt the job. So I search what command I have to use and now I a a step further. The next question is what files and where I have to put them in the C drive or the drive I installad gimp (D drive). These are the files after compile : 

(03-10-2023, 06:03 PM)denzjos Wrote: @Zero01, thanks for the reply. I used DOS commands to change directory, but that did'nt the job. So I search what command I have to use and now I a a step further. The next question is what files and where I have to put them in the C drive or the drive I installad gimp (D drive). These are the files after compile : 

hope this helps
@Zero01, many thanks, an image says often more than words. Nice GEGL plugins to try out.  Smile
Yes, it is the DLL filters and that is where they go.
April 8th update with GEGL Effects continual edition and GEGL Sparkle added as source code. And of course all the other updates in between.

.zip   gegl_plugin_source_code_only_april8.zip (Size: 302.81 KB / Downloads: 76)

.zip   all_gegl_plugins_code_only_june_30_2023_update.zip (Size: 867.32 KB / Downloads: 57)

Source code of all my plugins on the latest versions - published June 30th 2023.

GEGL Effects Layer Effects engine now uses lb:bevel and lb:innerglow and won't work with the outdated gegl:bevel and gegl:innerglow as those name slots are reserved for Gimp's team. You can get the latest bevel and inner glow by compiling bevel and inner glow inside GEGL Effects folder with all the other dependencies GEGL Effects needs. Overide the old bevel and inner glow binaries if you have them.

The main text styling plugins are glossy balloon, custom bevel, clay, rock text 2, ssg, neon border, extrusion, and of course gegl effects layer effects engine and its dependencies.  So if you want to compile anything just compile those plugins as those are the top text stylers.

If you don't want to compile and just want binaries go here.

WINDOWS
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4...lugins.zip

LINUX

---

Directory to put binaries

Windows
 C:\Users\(USERNAME)\AppData\Local\gegl-0.4\plug-ins

Linux
 /home/(USERNAME)/.local/share/gegl-0.4/plug-ins

Linux (Flatpak includes Chromebook)
 /home/(USERNAME)/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/data/gegl-0.4/plug-ins

Windows users may need to create a plug-ins folder if it doesn't exist. All plugins of mine can be found in the GEGL OPERATIONS section of Gimp.
Source code of all my plugins on the latest versions - published July

GEGL Effects Layer Effects engine now uses lb:bevel and lb:innerglow and won't work with the outdated gegl:bevel and gegl:innerglow as those name slots are reserved for Gimp's team. You can get the latest bevel and inner glow by compiling bevel and inner glow inside GEGL Effects folder with all the other dependencies GEGL Effects needs. Overide the old bevel and inner glow binaries if you have them.

The main text styling plugins are glossy balloon, custom bevel, clay, rock text 2, ssg, neon border, extrusion, and of course gegl effects layer effects engine and its dependencies.  So if you want to compile anything just compile those plugins as those are the top text stylers.

If you don't want to compile and just want binaries go here.

WINDOWS

LINUX
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4...d_code.zip

---

Directory to put binaries

Windows
 C:\Users\(USERNAME)\AppData\Local\gegl-0.4\plug-ins

Linux
 /home/(USERNAME)/.local/share/gegl-0.4/plug-ins

Linux (Flatpak includes Chromebook)
 /home/(USERNAME)/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/data/gegl-0.4/plug-ins

Windows users may need to create a plug-ins folder if it doesn't exist. All plugins of mine can be found in the GEGL OPERATIONS section of Gimp.

JULY 13 2023 SOURCE CODE UPDATE - OVERWRITE OR REPLACE EVERYTHING WITH THIS. THIS HAS A FUTURE PROOFED VERSION OF GEGL EFFECTS.

.zip   source_code_of_all_gegl_plugins.zip (Size: 879.84 KB / Downloads: 64)