Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stubborn Memory
Wink 
Hi guys!

There is only one open image, one layer, and two paths.
However, when I use the ofn-path-inbetweener-0.2 plugin it accuses several other options of non-existent paths.

These extra path options should no longer be accessible as they were closed several hours ago.

Is there any way to clear the gimp's memory so that it doesn't load these paths (information) anymore?

Thx!
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
(11-05-2021, 09:38 PM)Krikor Wrote: Hi guys!

There is only one open image, one layer, and two paths.
However, when I use the ofn-path-inbetweener-0.2 plugin it accuses several other options of non-existent paths.

These extra path options should no longer be accessible as they were closed several hours ago.

Is there any way to clear the gimp's memory so that it doesn't load these paths (information) anymore?

Thx!

I suspect that this means that the image is still around, even if not associated with a "display". Can you start the Python console, and enter:
Code:
print [(i.ID,i.name) for i in gimp.image_list()]

You should see that your "Arial-something" image with ID 38 is still around. Whatever created it (script?) should have deleted it. Any chance that it could be another script of mine?
(11-05-2021, 10:24 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: I suspect that this means that the image is still around, even if not associated with a "display". Can you start the Python console, and enter:
Code:
print [(i.ID,i.name) for i in gimp.image_list()]

You should see that your "Arial-something" image with ID 38 is still around. Whatever created it (script?) should have deleted it. Any chance that it could be another script of mine?

After entering the text in the console:

The plugins that generated the paths are related to custom fonts (By Skinnyhouse or Tim)

Thx Ofnuts!
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
To get rid of these image, you can try:

Code:
gimp.delete(gimp._id2image(image_id))

where image_id is the ID reported by the incantation above.

If you feel adventurous, you can also try:
Code:
[gimp.delete(image) for image in gimp.image_list()]
It basically tells Gimp to delete all images, but Gimp won't delete those that have an attached display, so you should be safe.