Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The beginning of the end
Plenty of new and very active users on GimpForums

[Image: srGEeA2.png]
However, the various banners are beginning to pay out, according to the Alexa page for Gimp-Forum.net:

[Image: Usf2Zxx.png]
The admin hasn't logged in for months.
Is that what you mean by beginning of the end?
And fregatto join today and already posted 345 times ...is that an error... that's crazy posting

how does such a well-known forum die like that?
I thought it would grow more since it's high up on search results.
Spammers... at that rate GimpForums will keel over in a month.
(10-04-2017, 08:31 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Spammers... at that rate GimpForums will keel over in a month.

I checked the total number of posts this afternoon. It was 38,863
I checked again 101 minutes later. It was 39,415
That is about 5.5 posts per minute
(10-05-2017, 05:17 PM)Blighty Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 08:31 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Spammers... at that rate GimpForums will keel over in a month.

I checked the total number of posts this afternoon. It was 38,863
I checked again 101 minutes later. It was 39,415
That is about 5.5 posts per minute

They are five or six working in parallel. In "View new posts", you see about 4 posts per minute. I have to revise my prophecy.  That will be two weeks max. Now the interesting thing is what the owner will do. Either he pulls the plug definitely, he cleans up, or he restarts with the 2014 backups. But in the last two cases he either puts the forum in read-only mode, or has to moderate it himself. Time will tell.
45K posts and counting. Admin logged in early this morning and banned one of them, but there are three new ones. They don't even hide (ids are "speedmeds", "pillsplus"...). GF is enjoying a lot more traffic than usual.
GL is enjoying a lot more traffic than usual too. And it's been like this for about 3 days now.
Should we be happy that gimpforums.com is being spammed? It seems wrong but it feels so right...
That's what you get for not being interested in the forum you run... you don't deserve to be highly rated if you're not interested.

If they're all the same spammers it wouldn't be that hard to just delete/ban them and remove all posts of theirs. It's not even that much work... If they signed up that many times and only spammed one post per signup than it'd be much harder to monitor for sure.
It's not that much work if you know how to do it. But obviously the current admin lacks the skills.

Quote:Our members have made a total of 52,508 posts in 30,275 threads.
We currently have 7,288 members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, CaitlynHu
The most users online at one time was 190 on Yesterday at 13:16
And I'll be soon overtaken by the top spammer
Do they still need this?

Attached Files Image(s)