Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The little forum that could
I have no idea who my neighbors are.
I just spiked again yesterday but the traffic isn't registered according to google analytics only in phpbb framework.
I hope i am not just being DOS-bomb (attempted)
(05-06-2017, 04:32 PM)trandoductin Wrote: I have no idea who my neighbors are.
I just spiked again yesterday but the traffic isn't registered according to google analytics only in phpbb framework.
I hope i am not just being DOS-bomb (attempted)

Highly unlikely. Technically you are on a server that you share with other forums, they cannot take you down without taking the others down as well, and the pan-admin is supposed to watch for this.
The anomaly has stopped it seems.
From page 5 of results search
Today my forum (GL) crawled up to 2nd page of google results page.
I don't know how much better that is but it's better and i am excited.
still in like the 9th million result on alexa though ah well

I just noticed gimpforums.com is back on 1st...
how can this be? google? they have a shotty broken link to gimptutorials dot org right on their main page.
You think google would detect this and rate the site low because of This site can’t be reached
Yes... even on DuckDuckGo (but then GimpTalk is also there...). GimpLearn is even before Gimp-Forum.net.... but that's the subreddit. IMHO that one is casting a huge shadow on your site.
really?
should i delete the subreddit?

dang it can't delete a subreddit. so i made it private and removed the link from GL
there were only like 3 people looking at the subreddit anyways
Just entered the top two million in Alexa Smile
Right on... way to go GF.
A friend of mine made the switch to duckduckgo.com instead of google because he was worried about privacy he said that google tracks your habits and stuff.
And yesterday, I did some searches on google then later noticed that my facebook account started showing ads related to what i previously searched for on google. It made me feel like i was in a bubble. Didn't feel right.
So today I started searching on duckduckgo.com.
While i was at it, I noticed gimp-forum.net 12th place and gimplearn.net is 13th place on duckduckgo.com....That's great news.

oh i am still in the 4th million (like 4.2 million i think)
Looks like every dropped today.
GF rank

GL rank

GL dropped a half a million since last week... I am sad for 5 minutes now.
Happy 420 members...