Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tutorial removed?
Shocked 
What happened to this PixLab thread posted recently in tutorials?

How to draw parallel lines along a paths with a color gradient for a railroad

Why was it removed?
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
(10-17-2022, 05:29 PM)Krikor Wrote: What happened to this PixLab thread posted recently in tutorials?

Why was it removed?

I asked to be removed, it was not a "tutorial" in the way I see it.
It was a comment/answer on the Ofnuts' thread and was transferred as its own thread/tutorial, and a tutorial starting by "I don't agree with what you said"... Um no! Big Grin
I will redo the video as in a more tutorial way (at least how I see a tutorial is) Wink
PixLab,

Thanks for the clarification!

I had to slow down the video to better follow it, but I would still say it falls into the tutorial category.

I think it's cool to find new/different ways to produce the same result (or something very close) using Gimp.

The Ofnuts post at https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Brush-...8#pid31488 is in its own way a tutorial that shows another way to achieve the same result .
(10-18-2022, 05:20 AM)PixLab Wrote:
(10-17-2022, 05:29 PM)Krikor Wrote: What happened to this PixLab thread posted recently in tutorials?

Why was it removed?

I asked to be removed, it was not a "tutorial" in the way I see it.
It was a comment/answer on the Ofnuts' thread and was transferred as its own thread/tutorial, and a tutorial starting by "I don't agree with what you said"... Um no!  Big Grin
I will redo the video as in a more tutorial way (at least how I see a tutorial is) Wink

It was pretty fine as a tutorial which is why I split it to give it more visibility....
This is something I had already noticed on this forum. Many excellent tips that are true tutorials that end up disappearing amidst the numerous posts that exist here.
I always thought they should be better leveraged and allocated to the tutorials category.
In the case in question, it seems that's what happened, and rightly I would say.
PixLab, we are waiting for the confiscated tutorial to be replaced! :-)
Krikor Let's face it, it's the ugliest thumbnail ever made Big Grin
OK while waiting the new one, here is the link of the one removed if needed ➤ but I am not responsible if it hurts your eyes (and your ears) [Image: biggrin.png]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbjBkU9VZSw
Key moments are in the description