Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Understanding brush
I think I am making some mistake in understanding brushes. Currently, I am only able to stamp them. If I tried to make a contour using a brush shape, it simply repeats as a merged array as seen in the screenshot

I am using the following brushes. I will be nice to know how to paint using it rather than use it as pre-made stamps. Thanks

[Image: 20-painter-ps-brushes-abr-vol-6.jpg]

[Image: 20-painter-ps-brushes-abr-vol-4.jpg]
(08-02-2020, 02:53 PM)meetdilip Wrote: I think I am making some mistake in understanding brushes. Currently, I am only able to stamp them. If I tried to make a contour using a brush shape, it simply repeats as a merged array as seen in the screenshot

I am using the following brushes. I will be nice to know how to paint using it rather than use it as pre-made stamps. Thanks

This is indeed how Gimp brushes work. Painting is just automated repeated stamping governed by the brush spacing. While it looks primitive, with adequate brush shapes (single or brush pipe) and dynamics, it can give good results. But of course using brushes designed for the PS paint engine isn't the best way to understand Gimp brushes.

Gimp also has the MyPaint brush engine.
Thanks +Ofnuts. I have MyPaint brushes installed ( please see the screenshot toolbox ). But I was so confused I searched for brushes which will allow the flow of a shape and landed on those packs. I was able to use a brush called Blister 03 and draw a very attractive art. I myself used Inkscape to create a sieve-like figure which can draw channels. It is simply 4 dots with some spacing. And it is impressive compared to other brushes I tried.

I hope I have not side-tracked you from the main question. I am eager to learn if there is any possible way to actually swish a brush for a shape ?

Made this using the brush I created (brush attached )

[Image: lfi8Tfq.png]

Attached Files
.gbr   myBrush 2.gbr (Size: 614 bytes / Downloads: 103)