Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upload limit
I got a message saying that I already reached the upload limit ( ~ 5MB ). I am not sure this is something that can be adjusted. Thought of asking here. Thanks.
You last post image was 1.1 MB Wink It might be possible if you go into to your User CP to review your attachments and delete some of the older ones. (or it might not)

Start using some image hosting site: imgur.com / imgbb.com / postimages.org
Sure. That is what I did with the last image. Just checked Smile
(07-09-2021, 08:19 AM)meetdilip Wrote: Sure. That is what I did with the last image. Just checked Smile

AFAIK there is a limit per attachment (depending on type, 500KB for most images, 2MB for XCF and derivatives, 1MB for .zip, .7z, .gz) and a limit of 5 attachments per post, but there is no global limit per user...

In practice, the current attachment tally is that outside Rich and me (who are admins and could have such imitations waived) there are 12 users that have more that 5MB of attachments, including three in the 20-30MB range and two that are past 30MB.

So what was the actual message?
(07-12-2021, 07:18 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: there are 12 users that have more that 5MB of attachments, including three in the  20-30MB range and two that are past 30MB.

Oh my.... I'm one of them Confused ! I've just checked > "Attachments Manager - 6.61 MB in 42 Attachments"   Blush  Confused

(07-12-2021, 07:18 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: 2MB for XCF

Good to know, I was not aware that we can put an eXperimental Computing Facility file Big Grin
(07-12-2021, 07:18 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 08:19 AM)meetdilip Wrote: Sure. That is what I did with the last image. Just checked Smile

AFAIK there is a limit per attachment (depending on type, 500KB for most images, 2MB for XCF and derivatives, 1MB for .zip, .7z, .gz) and a limit of 5 attachments per post, but there is no global limit per user...

In practice, the current attachment tally is that outside Rich and me (who are admins and could have such imitations waived) there are 12 users that have more that 5MB of attachments, including three in the  20-30MB range and two that are past 30MB.

Thanks admin. It said something like " you are above your storage quota ".

It means, I can still upload images ? Which one do you prefer ? I do not mind using Imgur.
Was it possibly a file size limit, greater than 500 KB you saw. Next time you post an image try as an attachment. Make a note or screenshot of any error message.

I actually prefer using an image hosting site. I am old-school and do replies off-line. It means I can format a reply in a text editor, then ...zapp... copy paste as a reply.

The disadvantage of this is when the image hosting site either disappears or changes terms of service. It has happened a couple of times. You can see old posts on some forums where the images have vanished replaced by a "not available..." notice.
(07-14-2021, 10:33 AM)meetdilip Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 07:18 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:

In practice, the current attachment tally is that outside Rich and me (who are admins and could have such imitations waived) there are 12 users that have more that 5MB of attachments, including three in the  20-30MB range and two that are past 30MB.

Thanks admin. It said something like " you are above your storage quota ".

It means, I can still upload images ? Which one do you prefer ? I do not mind using Imgur.

Would that be "Sorry, but you cannot attach this file because you have reached your attachment quota of {some value}"? That's strange because there is a configurable quota per user, but on this forum it is disabled for "Registered users" (which is anyone who posts here, outside of the admins) so this shouldn't happen.

Or is it something else (there is a limit of 5 attachments per post...)?
I will now itself, on this post

Ok, I am able to add a 30.26 KB image as upload.

@rich2005

I will try to use an image host when possible. Thanks.
(07-15-2021, 10:48 AM)meetdilip Wrote: I will now itself, on this post

Ok, I am able to add a 30.26 KB image as upload.

@rich2005

I will try to use an image host when possible. Thanks.

It is really much better to use attachments. These will live as long as the forum. The lifespan of images on external servers isn't under the control of anyone here.