Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User Interface Icons Missing. 2.10 on W7 Pro
I've done a quick search on the interweb and found someone else reporting the same problem: https://portableapps.com/node/58179

I don't quite understand the work-around yet, but I'm going to experiment - although it has to be said I'm also using GIMP 2.10.2 on Windows 7-64bit and don't have the same problem.
(06-05-2018, 02:09 PM)Kevin Wrote: I've done a quick search on the interweb and found someone else reporting the same problem: https://portableapps.com/node/58179

I don't quite understand the work-around yet, but I'm going to experiment - although it has to be said I'm also using GIMP 2.10.2 on Windows 7-64bit and don't have the same problem.

I've tried GIMP 2.10.2 on other computers running Windows 7-64bit without a problem, but I'd like to fix this issue.
Does this problem machine have a High DPI monitor?

Try this experiment:

Using Windows File Explorer, navigate to your equivalent of C:\Program Files\GIMP 2.10\share\gimp\2.0\icons\Legacy\16x16\apps

copy gimp-anchor.png to document-new.png

Re-load the Legacy Icon-Theme

You should now have the anchor menu icon for File>>New

(06-05-2018, 02:33 PM)Kevin Wrote: Does this problem machine have a High DPI monitor?

Try this experiment:

Using Windows File Explorer, navigate to your equivalent of C:\Program Files\GIMP 2.10\share\gimp\2.0\icons\Legacy\16x16\apps

copy gimp-anchor.png to document-new.png

Re-load the Legacy Icon-Theme

You should now have the anchor menu icon for File>>New

Yes Kevin, that WORKS!

Attached Files Image(s)

I need another question answering- Is this Windows 7 -32bit?

There's an issue raised on GIMP that I'm about to add our findings to: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/1563
So at this point you can go two ways.

1. Wait for the developers to fix the problem
2. Build a personal icon theme that works

If the answer is 2 - which icon theme do you want? Legacy or Color/Symbolic/Symbolic-Inverted
(06-05-2018, 03:28 PM)Kevin Wrote: So at this point you can go two ways.

1. Wait for the developers to fix the problem
2. Build a personal icon theme that works

If the answer is 2 - which icon theme do you want? Legacy or Color/Symbolic/Symbolic-Inverted

I am running the 64bit version of Windows 7

Legacy would be fine with me. I've been looking, can I get them from the source?
Not from the GIMP source, as they are a part of GTK

I've attached a .zip of the GTK stock icons that I downloaded some time ago. They should get you most if not all.

I recommend you copy the directory from  C:\Program Files\GIMP 2.10\share\gimp\2.0\icons and put it into your personal icons directory C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\icons and re-name it to Legacy-Mine (or whatever you want). That way you get to keep it when you next upgrade GIMP.

Attached Files
.zip   stock-icons.zip (Size: 833.79 KB / Downloads: 277)
I've followed your directions Kevin and many of the missing icons now show up, but a few are still missing.

Thanks so much for the help.
If you let me know which are still missing, I'll try and find them (might just be files names have changed)