Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User Interface Icons Missing. 2.10 on W7 Pro
(06-05-2018, 04:47 PM)Kevin Wrote: If you let me know which are still missing, I'll try and find them (might just be files names have changed)

Many are missing from the drop-down menus but these from the main GUI are the most irritating.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The missing icon from the bottom of the tool options dialog is document-revert.png which you can get by copying document-revert-ltr.png from the icons I attached earlier.

The other is folder-new.png which you can make by copying folder.png and adding a cross
(06-06-2018, 09:10 AM)Kevin Wrote: The missing icon from the bottom of the tool options dialog is document-revert.png which you can get by copying document-revert-ltr.png from the icons I attached earlier.

The other is folder-new.png which you can make by copying folder.png and adding a cross

Thanks again Kevin, I'll try that tonight. 

I am surprised more people aren't seeing this problem.
Would you be willing to contribute directly to the Issue, so that the developers can get you to give them information directly?
(06-06-2018, 11:54 AM)Kevin Wrote: Would you be willing to contribute directly to the Issue, so that the developers can get you to give them information directly?

Sure. I'll check that link out tonight.
I think I've now found a more complete set, so I've made a "Legacy - Full" icon theme. If you try it let me know if you find any missing icons.

edit - new zip file in this post: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-User-I...73#pid8773
(06-07-2018, 10:02 AM)Kevin Wrote: I think I've now found a more complete set, so I've made a "Legacy - Full" icon theme. If you try it let me know if you find any missing icons.

Installing these didn't seem to make any difference. The files document-revert.png and folder-new.png exit but the icons are not showing up in the interface.
When you installed the Legacy - Full Theme did you get the eye icon on the icon theme selection dialog?:

(06-07-2018, 09:16 PM)Kevin Wrote: When you installed the Legacy - Full Theme did you get the eye icon on the icon theme selection dialog?:

Nope, It is a Gimp Head Icon.
Did you install the full thing from the .zip or just the icons? I ask because the eye (gimp-visible) is specified in the index.theme file

Code:
[Icon Theme]
Name=Hicolor
Comment=Legacy icon theme (GIMP 2.8)
Example=gimp-visible
Hidden=true
Inherits=Color
Directories=12x12/apps,18x18/apps...